Terragen 3 pre-release FAQ

Started by Oshyan, June 13, 2013, 01:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reck

Okay, Dokey. Update is sounding great, just hope we don't have to wait too long to get the rest of the details.

DannyG

Like what I have read here, my check is already written. One question with v3 Pro's price getting up to 500us+ for a new user will there be any additional content provided? Perhaps an X-Frogs or Silva3d package to sweeten the deal for potential new users. I think this might be a nice solid kick in the balls to Vue Complete which is hovering around this same price tag but has 100+ models 'in the box'   
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bla bla 2

Are there, the simple shape shader ? :)

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

masonspappy

DannyG

Quote from: TheBadger on June 20, 2013, 11:33:10 PM
Quote500us+
?

Well guys for a NEW user v2 Deep w/ Animation is $439.00us http://planetside.co.uk/2012-02-25-04-59-29/buy-terragen-2. A majority of this you already shelled out if you are registered so the cost for upgrade will be much cheaper, but its going to be about $500+ for a new user. That's what the below statement tells me.
"How much will Terragen 3 Professional cost?
Final pricing will be announced soon. For now we can tell you it will be an increase over Terragen 2, but will still be very competitively priced.
"
We'll find out soon once the final pricing is announced 
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

AndyWelder

It's been a while since I last visited that page, Danny, and I'm flabbergasted by the prices I see mentioned there. If those are an approximation of what we can expect to be asked to pay for TG3 I'm afraid I'll have to pass on TG3 and stay with TG2. It's a hobby for me and I can only afford hobby prices.
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

Tangled-Universe

Andy, just in case, you know there will be update prices for the people who already own a TG2 license?

AndyWelder

Yup, TU, I know there will be a rebate for those who own a registered version of TG2. But still, even a, let say most generous 30% off from "way too expensive" is still something I can't afford. That's just stating a fact and I'm not begging for more rebate: If you want to play in the big league be prepared to pay big prices. I guess, looking at the prices of the "competition" ::) the price sure is o.k. for what's delivered.

DannyG

Quote from: AndyWelder on June 21, 2013, 11:29:47 AM
Yup, TU, I know there will be a rebate for those who own a registered version of TG2. But still, even a, let say most generous 30% off from "way too expensive" is still something I can't afford. That's just stating a fact and I'm not begging for more rebate: If you want to play in the big league be prepared to pay big prices. I guess, looking at the prices of the "competition" ::) the price sure is o.k. for what's delivered.
Obviously we don't know what the price will be for the upgrade. I wouldn't shut the door until we hear what PS sets the price to. Thats my opinion anyway. BTW this is the cheapest software of its kind on the market, I'm no expert but I do shop around.
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

AndyWelder

QuoteBTW this is the cheapest software of its kind on the market
Totally agree, Danny!!

choronr

Well, if worst comes to worst, I still have my box of unused Crayolas from 71 years ago.

Simius Strabus

Don't want to be a cheap bastard here, but a discount for those who already have tg2 would be kinda nice...
Why stop dreaming when you wake up?

iMac i7 2.8GHz 8Gb

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Simius Strabus on June 21, 2013, 03:56:54 PM
Don't want to be a cheap bastard here, but a discount for those who already have tg2 would be kinda nice...

As in...you don't know yet about the pricing for TG2 license owners?

masonspappy

Quote from: choronr on June 21, 2013, 12:28:49 PM
Well, if worst comes to worst, I still have my box of unused Crayolas from 71 years ago.
And I've still got those nifty graphics programs on my Commodore-64 (aka "a real man's computer')