Terragen 3 pre-release FAQ

Started by Oshyan, June 13, 2013, 01:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

We will not be having a public beta this time around.

- Oshyan

Simius Strabus

Just out of curiosity, will version 3 be able to use the GPU's processing power?
Why stop dreaming when you wake up?

iMac i7 2.8GHz 8Gb

Oshyan

No, we will not be utilizing GPU resources for primary rendering for Terragen 3.

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

And we will get to see this not happen soon, I hope.   :D

Quote from: Oshyan on June 29, 2013, 04:27:01 AM
No, we will not be utilizing GPU resources for primary rendering for Terragen 3.

- Oshyan
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: rcallicotte on June 29, 2013, 08:12:30 PM
And we will get to see this not happen soon, I hope.   :D

Quote from: Oshyan on June 29, 2013, 04:27:01 AM

- Oshyan

No, TG's architecture doesn't lend itself very easily to be handled by the GPU.
TG would need to hop on the raytracing bandwagon in order to benefit of the GPU rendering (r?)evolution which is happening now.
In order to do so the software will need to be turned inside out and upside down. Frankly I don't see that happen soon.

rcallicotte

@TU - I was kidding around.  All I care about is the release, which is what I hope Oshyan understood.   ???
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Simius Strabus

Cant wait to get me little hands on this software  :)
Why stop dreaming when you wake up?

iMac i7 2.8GHz 8Gb

TheBadger

lol! I just noticed on the T3 page, that if you click on an image, and then when the image is large, quickly resize the main browser window, then the image will dance. I like it.

Man Im a dork.

P.S.
Can we get a hard date yet? Please? Or something to drool over. This is agonizing! I almost wish you had not told us it was on the way. I feel like a little kid waiting for gifts on christmas, but mom said I have to wait until after the meal. I hate it! GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME!

Sorry, Im ashamed of my self for this latest outburst of my freak. I know it, I'll admit it, I'm an obsessive internet weirdo. But I like it.
It has been eaten.

choronr

Are you related to Howey Mandell?

TheBadger

HA! Maybe :/
The funny part is Im not even a real person. I'm a software bot posting pre-programed statements randomly on the internet. But I have an error message and cant seem to leave this forum. Its troubling to say the least.
It has been eaten.

Bjur

Quote from: TheBadger on July 03, 2013, 04:21:17 AM
The funny part is Im not even a real person.

Now THIS deserves a meme..  ;D

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzIKss02b3X_MC1GRzUxT0hjS2M/edit?usp=sharing

*Edit: WTH, link wasn't workin..
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

Upon Infinity

The million dollar question is: can you use a TG2 scene in TG3?  And import all other data, populations, camera position, etc?

jaf

Quote from: UponInfinity on July 04, 2013, 12:00:12 PM
The million dollar question is: can you use a TG2 scene in TG3?  And import all other data, populations, camera position, etc?

Along with this question, will TG2 run side-by-side with TG3 and if yes, would there be a licensing problem doing that with TG3 an upgrade (instead of a full product)?
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Dune

You can use a TG2 file in TG3.

TheBadger

Bjur

HA HA HA haha HA ha HH Ah ah AH AAHh! I like that s#!t!  ;D

Hmmm. It seems the robot on the left has a nipple erection. Starships must be cold.
It has been eaten.