Terragen 3 pre-release FAQ

Started by Oshyan, June 13, 2013, 01:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elipsis1

Antoine

I have upgraded this morning and got the licence key very fast so it's already installed. I have done some quick tests here and there and I am really happy with this new version.

I have just a few GI settings questions :

- What the GI prepass padding is all about ?
   - Is bounce to the ounce related to how many bounces between surfaces like in other renderers?
   - Does the radius slider have to do with precision in GI Surface details ?

Thank you for this update !
David.

SilverCity

Sorry if this has been addressed already. Do you plan on releasing a demo in the near future?

Matt

I'll update the GI documentation with these new features soon. You can find out about GI prepass padding already in the Wiki: http://planetside.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Terragen_2_Global_Illumination

There will be a Free Non-Commercial download at the final launch date, July 29th, 2013.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

N810

Awesome Mat  ;D

I was expecting the usual 3-6 monts untill the free version.  ???
Hmmm... wonder what this button does....

bobbystahr

WOW...nuff said...oh yeah...Thanks Matt et al
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

icarus51

Hi,

For trying i have downloaded T3 free edition. Am i wrong or 'Ray Trace Atmosphere' has gone? The substitute is 'Defer Atmo/cloud'?
And DoF how works? if i check the box anyhting happens. Is it a limited function in T3 Free?
Thanks.

Oshyan

Yes, "Defer Atmo/Cloud" is the same as Ray Trace Atmosphere, it does the same thing, it has just been renamed.

Depth of Field works in the free version, you just need to set an appropriate focus point, and it helps to have close foreground elements with a visible background. With a reasonable focus distance (set in the camera node, measured in meters), you should see blur.

- Oshyan

icarus51

stevesideas

Am I correct in thinking the previews were not multithreaded in TG2 but are now in TG3 ?

I am one of the guys who purchased TG2 full after 12th June. Am I eligible for the pre-release and also which version am I now eligible for ? Will it be TG3 pro ?

Oshyan

Steve, if you email us at registrations AT planetside.co.uk with your TG2 registration info we can process your TG3 upgrade early, but in general the grace period upgrades will be handled just after release day. TG2 purchasers will be upgraded to TG3 Professional.

Correct that the preview was not multithreaded in TG2 and is now in TG3.

- Oshyan

stevesideas

Quote from: Oshyan on July 24, 2013, 06:12:35 PM
Steve, if you email us at registrations AT planetside.co.uk with your TG2 registration info we can process your TG3 upgrade early, but in general the grace period upgrades will be handled just after release day. TG2 purchasers will be upgraded to TG3 Professional.

Correct that the preview was not multithreaded in TG2 and is now in TG3.

- Oshyan

Thanks. I've sent the email. Thanks for the clarification on multithreading.

TheBadger

Hi Oshyan, or whoever answers this.

So have we been told everything now, about whats new? Or are there some things you still have not reveled?

I saw rain in someones post in image sharing. Whats that about? I got the feeling it was TG generated and not post or import of some kind. But the image post did not say much.

By the way, I saw the video for the population editor. That is a nice addition! I was very happy with what I saw.  8) I know I said so earlier from the announcement. But the video really shows it off nice. I expect I'll use that tool in just about every project.
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

It's all pretty much out there at this point. No built-in rain at this point.

- Oshyan

mash

Whats the procedure for a Linear workflow in TG3?
Do you have to apply a gamma correction on the shaders? I assume you would need to on any SRGB texture files.
In the professional version will the render view window display linear files?
Or will you need to save the Liner file out and view it in an external viewer that will convert it to SRGB?
Thanks,