Terragen 3 examples (If you got some please feel free to post your example here)

Started by cyphyr, June 15, 2013, 04:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

FrankB

Hey guys, I thought I'd share this one, too. My first experiment with using render layer to modify the lighting in post.

It's almost the same scene like the previous one, except that I have denser vegetation now, so that less direct light is hitting the scene. I wanted to try how I can turn a too dark image around with render layers. Now, I am not saying I did it "right" or anything, it's just a first attempt. Clearly, there are lots of post working opportunities using those layers.

Frank

Hannes

This looks quite amazing! It's almost impossible to create such convincing light situations in the actual version.
However there are some shadow artifacts on some tree trunks. Especially on the larger tree on the left side. Is this improvable by using higher quality settings?

Tangled-Universe

Hi Hannes,

It's in the models, not in the render. Frank used some older unfinished models here (see his post on previous page).

Hannes

ratfugel

Having read all the comments. can't wait to get my hands on T3, to see if it will really make me a better person(sorry creator).  Love the idea of the layers etc. Should eclipse Vue in one go, from all that's been said. (and I love Vue anyway)

rat.

P.S There's a saying in our house  "Routine is a blessedness"  Let's hope T3 conforms to this.

RArcher

@Otakar - Yes, both scenes are identical apart from the one GI change.

That forest scene is really looking nice Frank.

choronr

That forest scene with the path is fantastic. Is that Dune's path (from his road pack?).

FrankB

Thanks all!

The path is just a short painted shader, and its texture is a simple surface layer with some bumpiness. I can share that setup later. It has nothing to do with TG3 as such.

Frank

RArcher

Another render of an old scene, this time with the new spherical camera.  Pay no mind to the floating tree, in the original render it was mostly out of camera with the trunk not visible - the spherical camera makes sure you have to pay attention to those details. :-[

FrankB

Quote from: RArcher on June 21, 2013, 02:12:06 PM
Another render of an old scene, this time with the new spherical camera.  Pay no mind to the floating tree, in the original render it was mostly out of camera with the trunk not visible - the spherical camera makes sure you have to pay attention to those details. :-[

Nice! Now put it into a skybox generator for us to look around! :-)

Tangled-Universe

Ok here's one of my spherical camera tests...

Tangled-Universe

And my latest one on the improved rendering performance for localized clouds...over 4x faster!  :o

edit: I know the cloud shading is a bit sucky :)

RArcher

Another GI comparison.

New GI
[attach=1]

Old GI
[attach=2]

Tangled-Universe

Ha! That new GI stuff makes you think twice in the future about adding displacement! :P
It's more realistic, but pretty unforgiving :D
No problem of course, just need to get used to the new reference of detailed displacements, which basically means you need to tone down the finer details.