El Capitain using Big Ben's terrain (WIP)

Started by sonshine777, June 02, 2007, 08:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonshine777

Here is a first draft of El Cap using Big Ben's "yosemite_0025.ter"
Still working on all areas, the rock is close and I haven't even started on the valley floor other than
to place some trees for scale reference.

I'll keep you posted.

nvseal

This looks quiet promising. Very nice trees, tree coloring, and scene composition. I'll be keeping my eye on this one.  ;)
Just wondering, the cliff displacement woudn't happen to be fake rocks at a huge scale would it?

Sethren

I must admit this is looking very nice.    :)

sonshine777

Quote from: nvseal on June 02, 2007, 08:26:37 PM
This looks quiet promising. Very nice trees, tree coloring, and scene composition. I'll be keeping my eye on this one.  ;)
Just wondering, the cliff displacement woudn't happen to be fake rocks at a huge scale would it?

I used the Cracked face .tgc  found in this post:
http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=1394.0

I then used a merge shader to blend in an image shader to give it the color.

rcallicotte

Overall, this is looking very good.  I wish the mountainside cliff itself had more texture, though.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Harvey Birdman

That rock has potential. Doesn't look quite as good straight on as it does when viewed at an angle as at the upper left. The facets are a bit too regular and rounded, but at least it has them -something I haven't been able to do to my satisfaction. (I took a look at the cracked face file for this too, but couldn't get it to look the way I wanted.) The Merced looks better than mine. Did you use a lake, or do something like I did with a plane?

sonshine777

Quotehe Merced looks better than mine. Did you use a lake, or do something like I did with a plane?

I used a plane, I like the plane because it can be as small as you need it which cuts down render time.

As far as the rock is concerned, I agree it is too regular but at least it got some cracks on the face. As soon as I get the valley floor where I want it I will revisit the rock.

cbalaskas

hey, that's a great start. You might try reducing the scale of the "cells" although it gets a bit weird trying to control the displacement at the same time. Good luck and great effort!