External Hard Drive crash

Started by Markal, June 19, 2013, 09:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markal

I'm so depressed...my external HD crashed....it clicks, clicks and a beep...my computer cannot locate it. It fell about a foot and I picked it up and placed it back making sure the cables were connected....shut the computer down and the next day....no "E" drive. My internal "C" drive had all the 64 bit programs and is working fine.....the external "E" drive had....:(....EVERYTHING ELSE....my textures, TGDs, TGOs, clip files, old TG .9 files even my income tax files for the last 5 years!!! I have a few CDs with backup files from a few years ago...mostly TG .9 stuff.  I still have the drive and will try a few things....any suggestions would be appreciated....also, any files you could share like clip files, TGDs, TGOs etc...would be appreciated. I will try to recover files from the drive but....maybe its time to start over anyway. Suggestions and help in any way would be greatly appreciated....Thanks! Remember to backup often (monthly or weekly?)....I will from now on!!!
Mark

Dune

Very sorry to hear that, Markal. It's extremely frustrating and nothing you can do about such failures. Happens always, but you never know when. Best to keep and old computer and put all stuff on it, as well as on an external drive. I use an external to copy stuff from my working machine to another one, once every major updates/projects, so I have everything thrice.
They cost nothing nowadays!