ipad "pro" ?

Started by TheBadger, October 07, 2014, 12:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Just read something about apple making what someone is calling an "ipad pro". I sorta kinda want a tablet for a few reasons.

I would prefer to dump my smart phone in favor of just a cell phone. and would use the tablet for portable entertainment and all the things people use tablets for, and try to use phones for.

The reason I would like an ipad of some kind is the app store. I mean, the apple app store is pretty well supported by software makers. And I am use to ios. Also, I would not have to convert my music library. and in general, have no problems with my home network which is mac based.

But I would also like to be able to work on any tablet I may buy close to how one could work on a lap top... Though perhaps not as much, something close (ish) would be rather nice. I don't have a laptop and don't think that I would ever want one for my self. But something like how a tablet kinda fits in the middle may be good for me.

Just watching TV and movies when I have time, but my kids are hogging the family room would be nice. And it would be nice to be able to use it to make trees (as in the tree maker app) as well as plot camera moves in the autodesk app for maya.

I also have been looking at samsung products a lot whenever I go to a store that sells electronics. I really rather like what I see from samsung, and I'm sure I like their prices better.

The ipad pro, is maybe going to be larger then all previous versions. But what could we guess the "pro" means?

What do you guys think? I just want to get some good thinking about tablets and some reasonable speculation about what an i-pad pro would be.

I have been thinking about a tablet for a long time. I feel like I am sure I want or will want one over a smart phone or laptop. and I am pretty sure for me it will be between apple and samsung. Im not in a rush, I can wait for the next newest version of any make or model.

So?

It has been eaten.

Upon Infinity

Could mean the difference between the Microsoft Surface and Surface Pro, which is a fully functional version of their flagship OS.  I use the latter, which is basically the same thing as you would be buying, I believe.  Although, I bought mine only for the pressure-sensitive stylus.  Otherwise, I would have gotten a small laptop with better specs for half the price.  Personally, I find it very useful, even for 3D (designed the dragon on it).  If that helps...

inkydigit

Sounds interesting... Will have to check this out!
:)

archonforest

"PRO" could be that the Ipad can control all your Apple stuff at home either wireless or via the net. Probably stronger hardware than the usual... higher price than the usual high price :P
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

TheBadger

Guess its going to have a 4k screen. That will drive up the cost.
And a A8X chip, whatever that is.
It has been eaten.

archonforest

Quote from: TheBadger on October 11, 2014, 01:19:41 PM
Guess its going to have a 4k screen. That will drive up the cost.
And a A8X chip, whatever that is.
The price is already too high compare what an Ipad can give IMHO. If they go higher...pfff :-X
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

TheBadger

prices came down.
No ipad pro till after the holidays now though. Have to wait longer to find out what it will be.
It has been eaten.