TG2 tötet jedes bischen Kreativität !!

Started by Highflyers, June 03, 2007, 12:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highflyers

>:(

wer ist denn mit "High End Usern" gemeint ? Mathematiker mit Dr. und Prof. Titeln ?

Der Workflow bleibt völlig auf der Strecke. Ich dachte eigentlich ich wäre ein ruhiger und ausgeglichener Mensch. Bis eben ... als ich meine Tatatur gegen die Wnd geschmissen habe. Zum Glück hab ich noch ne alte Ersatztastatur.

Für jede kleine Kleinigkeit braucht man ein Tutorial. Und ich bin sicher kein Anfänger, ich arbeite seit über 5 Jahren mit Vue, Bryce u.a.

Ich weiß echt nicht wer sich dieses Müll-Interface ausgedacht hat, aber ich halte es für völlig ausgeschlossen, damit auch nur ansatzweise kreativ arbeiten zu können. Wie auch, man muss im Kopf ja ständig irgendwelche mathematischen Formeln durchgehen usw.

Offengestanden reizt mich an TG2 nur der Realitätsgrad der Render-Engine, der Rest drumherum ist unbrauchbar.

Ich glaub ich bin nicht der einzige der sich die Render-Engine von TG2 eingebaut in Vue wünscht. Das wärs doch, die Oberfläche von Vue mit der Render-Engine von TG2.

So, das musste jetzt einfach mal raus, mein Fruslevel ist auf dem MAXIMUM.

P.S.: Ich glaube auch nicht, das sich in zukünftigen Releases noch groß was am Interface ändern wird. Warum ? - Na der Grundstein ist doch schon gelegt.

Will

rough translation:

Who is end meant then with "High user"?  Mathematician with Dr. and prof. title? 

The Workflow remains entire on the stretch.  I thought would be actually I a quiet and balanced person.  Until just... as I my Tatatur against the Wnd had hurled.  To the good fortune, I still have ne old replacement keyboard. 

For each small trifle, one needs a Tutorial.  And I am certain work no beginner, I for more than 5 years with Vue, Bryce among other things

I do not know contrived has myself really who this rubbish-interface, but I consider excluded it to be totally creatively to be able to work therewith also only extension manner.  How also, one must go through etc. any mathematical formulas in the head permanently. 

Open state excites is me at TG2 only the reality degree of the Render-Engine, the remainder drumherum useless. 

I do not believe am incorporated wishes for I the only of that the Render-Engine of TG2 in Vue.  The wärs yet, the surface of Vue with the Render-Engine of TG2. 

So, that must now simply once out, my Fruslevel is on the MAXIMUM. 

P.s.:  I do not believe myself also, that in future Releases yet largely what will change at the interface.  Why?  - Well the cornerstone yet already is put. 
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Will

Hi, the current interface is still pretty bad and it is planned to be made better later in the development cycle. Terragen is still in a alpha state at the moment. though there is a bit of discussion about it around the forums.

regards,

Will

Hallo ist, die jetzige Schnittstelle noch ziemlich schlecht und es ist geplant, besser später im Entwicklungszyklus gemacht zu werden. Terragen ist still in einem Alphastaat im Augenblick., obwohl es ein Bit der Diskussion darum um die Foren gibt.

Beachtungen,

Wille

PS Erbärmlich seine eine schlechte Übersetzung

RealUser

Highflyers: Die zukünftigen Versionen werden auch für Anfänger gut zu benutzen sein, ähnlich wie TG0.9.
The future versions will be much easier to use for beginners, similar to TG0.9.
Markus / RealUser
visit my Renderosity Gallery at
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=RealUser

Oshyan

If you think the current interface is "pretty bad", I'm afraid you won't likely appreciate the final version either. We will *not* be making a "TG 0.9-like interface". Improvements to the current UI will be implemented to make it easier and more intuitive to work with but developing and maintaining an alternative UI is simply not feasible at this point.

TG2 works differently from other applications just as many other applications do in their respective markets - World Machine for terrain modeling, Nuke for compositing, etc. A network-based model is not intuitive or easy to use for everyone, but at the same time many people find it much more powerful and in fact also *easier* to work with, provided there is a good network UI of course.

There are some significant improvements to be made to TG2's network UI, but it will remain network-based. We're aware that won't be appreciated by everyone, but neither is the UI of Vue, World Builder, MojoWorld or any other product in this market. No program can hope to be "all things for all people".

- Oshyan

Buzzzzz

Never thought I would say this but I have gotten use to this node network interface. A few more tweaks from Planetside and I think it will be great.

fmtoffolo

TG2 is a complex software. I don't mean complex to use, but complex in what it does.
Its like some people want to fly a jet plane with a stick and an "start" button. it just doesn't work like that. Have anyone seen the shader structure in Maya? or even in 3d max...

I think the current interface is very good and the node structure easy to learn.

Some people just want to import something from poser, move some sliders and hit render and get a photo.
HA! It doesn't work like that, not if you want a software that you expect to be in studios pipelines. If you make it that simple, it wont be flexible and it will be less powerful.

Terragen v0.9 was a much simpler thing. It was more of a touch this, move that and hit render. Of course great pieces could be made, but for example, having to resample images to get a nice render... that its a waste of time if you need to render lots of frames.

I think TG2 is on the right path to become a great piece of software. Of course in my opinion it needs a lot of work to get better than vue (the atmo model migh be less realistic and all that ...but it was used in feature films like pirates and it looked amazing)

Ok, but IMO the interface is nice, clear and understandable.
bye
My Terragenn site
www.cgworlds.com.ar

Cyber-Angel

Quote from: Oshyan on June 03, 2007, 04:13:06 PM
If you think the current interface is "pretty bad", I'm afraid you won't likely appreciate the final version either. We will *not* be making a "TG 0.9-like interface". Improvements to the current UI will be implemented to make it easier and more intuitive to work with but developing and maintaining an alternative UI is simply not feasible at this point.

TG2 works differently from other applications just as many other applications do in their respective markets - World Machine for terrain modelling, Nuke for compositing, etc. A network-based model is not intuitive or easy to use for everyone, but at the same time many people find it much more powerful and in fact also *easier* to work with, provided there is a good network UI of course.

There are some significant improvements to be made to TG2's network UI, but it will remain network-based. We're aware that won't be appreciated by everyone, but neither is the UI of Vue, World Builder, MojoWorld or any other product in this market. No program can hope to be "all things for all people".

- Oshyan

Why not set up some kind of official contest/challenge to do a new interface skin for the final release version of TG2 the winning skin being used in the final release version of TG2, you have this community here why not make use of them to design the interface, might be fun?

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel 

Will

I'm sure MeltingIce would come up with something good.

Regards,

Will

Oshyan

C-A, because a "skin" isn't going to do anything to improve usability, which is some user's primary complaint. Such an effort would be largely meaningless and accomplish little. If you were intending that people try to actually design a new user interface, that's frankly not feasible, unless anyone here is a professional UI designer. ;D

- Oshyan

Cyber-Angel

Sorry "Skin" was the wrong team to use I was thinking of a mock up contest I have seen them before but can not remember where. Any way feasible or not just an idea that came to mind while reading this thread, it seems to me that I will let this one go.

Thank you for your understanding in this regard.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel  ;D

RealUser

Honestly, my first thought when i saw the UI was: "What a ... (insert your french here) of UI is that?" After working some hours with it, i thought: Well, not that bad as i thought as it would be. Now, after several month i think: It is not perfect neither optimal and it has some disadvantages and bugs (i know, it is an Alpha!), but with some well thought out changes and better consistency it would work pretty good for me. I for one don't really like the UI of Vue, the only thing i am heavily missing in TG2AP is an orthogonal view for placing objects and the like and a visually better nodes interface for example. (Er ... is that good English?)
Markus / RealUser
visit my Renderosity Gallery at
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=RealUser

nvseal

Quote from: RealUser on June 04, 2007, 09:12:44 AM
Honestly, my first thought when i saw the UI was: "What a ... (insert your french here) of UI is that?" After working some hours with it, i thought: Well, not that bad as i thought as it would be. Now, after several month i think: It is not perfect neither optimal and it has some disadvantages and bugs (i know, it is an Alpha!), but with some well thought out changes and better consistency it would work pretty good for me. I for one don't really like the UI of Vue, the only thing i am heavily missing in TG2AP is an orthogonal view for placing objects and the like and a visually better nodes interface for example. (Er ... is that good English?)

I agree. When I first started TG 2 and saw the UI, I felt like I ran into a brick wall. I had no idea what to do. But after I read my first tut  and a little trial and error I understood what was going on (with the node network primarily). It was merely a matter of understanding the shaders themselves after that.

moodflow

I'd say 99% of my work in TGTP is done in the node editor.  Luckily I had some prior node based experience from using World Machine.

To be honest, its worth learning and loving this system, due to the power and flexibility.  Once learned its just as easy to use.
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

sonshine777

The node system is kind of like one of my favorite childhood toys "Tinker Toys".
You could follow the plans that came with the set and build some really great stuff.
Or you could use what was in the can/box to create your own even greater stuff. ;D

The nodes add a whole lot more flexibility as far as I'm concerned.