30 seconds left (Final animation in the animation section)

Started by Hannes, June 27, 2013, 12:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Played around with a second planet, which looked like an asteroid. So I decided to destroy the earth! ;)

Walli

mhaze

zaxxon

Such lovely destruction! Really nice.

Dune

Super destruction! Like a frozen moment. May I make 2 suggestions? I see you have added some rocks, but I think you can add more to expand on the feel of explosion. If you blend them by the highest ridges, these would seem like exploding magma. And 2: if you stretch the soft cloud in the Y direction, it seems like gas exploding out of the planet. I really like the fat clouds of smoke and the glow in it.

efflux

I really like the way those clouds are working in top centre.

Saurav

Very cool render. A slight motion blur on the asteroid would probably give it greater sense of speed.

Andrew March

Very nice but you have a definite line where your atmosphere ends and space begins, I would blend that a bit more.

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Hannes

Thank you, guys!
@Saurav and Andrew: you're definitely right. Probably there's no other way than doing it in postwork :(. I'll take that into account.
@Ulco: the rocks are actually an imported object made out of a particle system I created in 3ds max, using the asteroid as emitter after I imported it into Max with the Micro exporter. See attached image.
I wanted the rocks not to just float above the asteroid but to shoot out building some kind of trail. Obviously there aren't enough rocks and there seems to be no way to make them look moving at high speed without pw...
Btw I'm not quite sure what you mean by "If you blend them by the highest ridges".

ratfugel

Absolutely stunning. A terrific use of Terragen.  The title says it all, I'd hate to be around when that one lands.!!!  So  a few details could be improved? You guys seem to miss the point.  This is real creative work,  long may the author keep producing! His message has come across in no mean fashion and I for one, appreciate that.

rat.

Hannes

Quick and dirty Photoshop blurring.
The motion blur of the asteroid creates more sense of motion but unfortunately destroys a whole lot of detail...

@Rat: oh boy, thank you! But it seems my english is quite improvable. What are you referring to by saying "His message has come across in no mean fashion..."

Saurav

It does loose a a bit of details but personally I like it better with the motion blur, creates more tension in the image.  ;D

Dune

Saurav is right; quite dramatic and much more realistic. Like you're about to be blown to pieces.
With blend by highest peaks I mean that if you add a floating pop of rocks around the planet, you can blend their distribution by the same fractal that produces the highest peaks, perhaps stretched even more into Y, and possibly using the color adjust (white slider down) to get more 'peak' into that mask.

Bjur

Deep impact imminent..

Very movie like, thumbs up!   :)
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~