Hot Sun from Mahnmut

Started by bobbystahr, July 06, 2013, 08:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Got to playin' and got carried away. This Suncloud8.tgd was a great tutorial...thanks Mahnmut. 27 hour render time.
Sky Rangers and Cobalt city from Renderosity Freestuff, pilot figure from my files, crystal online somewhere.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Mahnmut

Welcome bobbystahr,
I feel honoured!
I like  the surface in the foreground and that city , very alien and icy.
The sky rangers somehow seem postworked, although they are not.
By coincidence, among the very few objekts I made when I tried to learn Blender was a crystal very much like yours :
http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1134/3171421056_cd00130b00_o.jpg.

I wonder what that rendertime comes from. Shadows in atmosphere? Reflective shader? I remember that I had trouble with that basic scene even in the small version.

My best regards,
Jan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Mahnmut on July 06, 2013, 10:23:11 AM
I wonder what that rendertime comes from. Shadows in atmosphere? Reflective shader? I remember that I had trouble with that basic scene even in the small version.

My best regards,
Jan
Pretty much all of those Jan, since I got the full version I've been extravagant with samples etc. and all 5 ships have a Reflective shader as well as a Water/Glass shader and the Water itself with transparency and reflectivity. Just checkin' what this old computer will do with this software unchained....heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Mahnmut

I also bought the full version quite recently.
But I found out that especially with the bigger formats its quite worth it to reduce rendertime consuming surfaces. I just rendered an image in less than one hour, that took more then 10 in the version before that. And it looked nearly exactly the same. So save your CPUs power for bigger renders and look carefully which effects add to the quality!
Just my opinion, of course.
Cheers,
J

TheBadger

I like the idea of everything here. Just not all in the same comp. But it does have a certain feel to it! Its good to see another image from you bobby.
It has been eaten.

bobbystahr

Quote from: TheBadger on July 07, 2013, 06:44:13 PM
I like the idea of everything here. Just not all in the same comp. But it does have a certain feel to it! Its good to see another image from you bobby.
Thanks man...it was a pretty pointless render as I was curious to see Jan's sun and then I had, as part of my job at renderosity as freestuff moderator, some objects to check out so in they went. And as the rangers needed something to investigate I added the giant crystals that just sprouted up over night, heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New