Peaceful

Started by yossam, July 02, 2013, 08:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Quote from: Dune on July 10, 2013, 02:22:05 AM
QuoteA built in hole punch for clouds
..... SSS.

I know, but it does not really work that well. Not in a lot of the ways I want to use it. Probably the spot light is the fix. But the sun in not a spotlight, so I have a little trouble imagining how a spot will look as good as terragen's sun. I Guess I don't really know whats best.
I just imagine that planetside could make something better than using a sss (for this purpose).
Something built from the get go to be used for the hole punch purpose. Something tweaked and refined to be faster more (easily) effective.

But in the end I defer to you guys on stuff like this.
It has been eaten.

Dune

Very quick and very small sample. Angle to be adjusted according to situation.

Oshyan

...and the choir of angels was heard. :D

- Oshyan

TheBadger

;D

Ok, but is that a hole punch or a spot light?

And also, its not fair to decide if a request is valid based on if a user like Ulco can do it without the additional feature. Thats like saying high school kids don't need "drivers ED", because Michael Schumacher is good behind the wheel.

Hmmm, maybe that was a little too self deprecating  :-\
It has been eaten.

Dune

Spotlight. I earlier used a simple round white spot (mask) projected by camera, which was directed at the sun from the place you want the light to fall on. Effective, but a spotlight is easier, if you hang'm high and project a narrow strong beam, it might be like a sun ray. More toys to play with in TG3.

yossam

Rendered in Terragen 3, just wanted to compare. What do you think?

TheBadger

I down loaded them and looked at them side by side. This new one and the last one from the previous page.
The lighting on the old one is better. I did not see any other difference. Just that this new one is darker.

I prefer the the old one here. The lighting was better to me.
It has been eaten.

masonspappy

I also downloaded both images to do a comparison.  The image itself is fine, but the only difference I could see was the slight change in lighting. (which seems like it could have been accomplished just by turning up the gamma factor a smidgen).

yossam

Dune,

Could you give some pointers on the spotlight..............can't get my "beam" to show up.  ???

Dune

You should first of all point it to your area to be lit, which can be done by the handles. Then you'll have to increase power (1000+)... light will appear. The distance can be greatly reduced. I Hope this helps.