Couple of images

Started by mrwho, June 03, 2007, 04:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrwho

Haven't posted here in a bit, been busy with work (summer job) and took a short break from TG. Anyways, here's my latest couple of renders....

This one is kind of a WIP, I want to do something to the terrain specifically. I think some light vegetation wouldn't be a bad idea, or some interesting models. Kind of going for the "storm-just-passed" feel for the empty canyon. Also, some terrain work is in order, I like the open look to it but it needs more to it. I used the procedural canyon file posted by ProjectX :)

Same terrain, and I think the same clouds, just a different seed, and sun was moved as well ;) It's an ok render, the shadows are weird, and power practal lines are visible. Meh

Oh yeah, how do you make them clickable thumbnails?? Or is that just how the attachments work

zionner

Nice, i like your Shadows, Are They Ray-Traced?

Oshyan

The clouds and lighting in the first one are really outstanding. I think the canyon floor needs something to break up the flat area and maybe provide a better sense of scale - some bushes, rocks, etc. But that sky is really superb.

- Oshyan

zionner

I agree..Maybe an Image Map Shader, of say cracked concrete...but change the colour if it through photoshop?

or maybe a little bit of Strata and outcrops shader..or both! lol

mrwho

actually, i have an image of cracked dry ground, i could use that. Maybe pools of water over it? And Oshyan, that's something I'm working on - the canyon floor. Maybe strata, depends if I can figure that out or or not :P

Zioner, no ray-tracing here

old_blaggard

Great skies!  I really love what you've done with them.  They must have taken ages to render, though.  I'll really be looking forward to the final products.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

I love your clouds and atmosphere.  Great lighting.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

mrwho

Actually, render time was 7:23 (hours and minutes) at quality .725 and GI was 2/2