Terragen 3 Product Lineup and Pricing

Started by Oshyan, July 11, 2013, 04:32:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Here at last, full details on the Terragen 3 product lineup and pricing! Click through for details on the feature breakdown between Free, Creative, and Professional, as well as prices for each product version:

http://planetside.co.uk/products/tg3-product-comparison

For many of you, the upgrade pricing will be of greatest interest, and it is not listed on the comparison at this point. A complete price list can be found here: http://planetside.co.uk/buy/tg3-price-list

Terragen 2 users will be able to upgrade to Terragen 3 Professional for a special price of $149. This upgrade comes with a single Workstation license and no additional rendering licenses. We're providing this option to allow those who have no need for additional render nodes to upgrade at a lower price. This product variant is not listed on the comparison chart as it is a special offer only for Terragen 2 license owners.

A full upgrade, maintaining the same number of render licenses that you have for your Terragen 2 version, will be $199. If you are upgrading from a non-animation version of Terragen 2 to an animation version of Terragen 3 Professional, the price is $349 and the option to upgrade at a discounted price without additional render licenses is not available. All these upgrade options will be available for purchase on the same day that Terragen 3 is released and available for new purchases.

• Terragen 2 without Animation to Terragen 3 Professional without Animation (1 workstation license): $149
  • Terragen 2 without Animation to Terragen 3 Professional without Animation (1 workstation license + additional render licenses depending on version): $199
  • Terragen 2 with Animation to Terragen 3 Professional with Animation (1 workstation license): $149
  • Terragen 2 with Animation to Terragen 3 Professional with Animation (1 workstation license + additional render licenses depending on version): $199
  • Terragen 2 without Animation to Terragen 3 Professional with Animation (1 workstation license + 5 render node licenses): $349
Those who purchased Terragen 2 following the announcement of Terragen 3 on June 12th will be automatically upgraded to Terragen 3 upon release. Terragen 2 pricing on our website is updated to Terragen 3 prices to reflect this.
As noted in the FAQ, Terragen 3 Creative is not fully an upgrade from Terragen 2 and so we are not offering upgrade pricing for it; for the same price we suggest you purchase the Terragen 3 Professional upgrade and keep all your features and render licenses.

Don't forget to check the FAQ for answers to some of the other questions you may have: http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,16213.0.html
Feel free to ask any additional questions in that thread.

Educational discounts and educational upgrade pricing are available upon direct request. Email us at registrations AT planetside.co.uk for details.

The final release date will be available in the near future. Stay tuned!

- Oshyan

I3D

Hi Oshyan

Congrats on the new release, this is an awesome update.

Quick question though, I couldn't find upgrade path from TG2 + Deep animation to Professional Animation or TG3 Pro!

Cheers

Oshyan

Sorry for the confusion, the $149/$199 upgrade is applicable both to Terragen 2 without animation upgrading to Terragen 3 Professional without animation, as well as TG2+Animation upgrading to TG3 Pro + Animation. Since the price was the same, I didn't repeat it, but I'll clarify in the bullet points above.

- Oshyan

3dworks

any hint about what will be the upgrade prices from TG2?

congrats for the new release :)

markus

rcallicotte

Just read what he just said in the first post.  :)

Quote from: 3dworks on July 11, 2013, 06:23:16 AM
any hint about what will be the upgrade prices from TG2?

congrats for the new release :)

markus
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

reck

$149 is a great upgrade price for existing customers. As simply a TG hobbiest without a large disposable income that I could chuck at this, I was concerned TG2 was going to bee the last version I was going to use. But $149 is something I feel I can cover so i'm really happy that i'm going to be able to upgrade and keep on playing. Also thanks to Planetside for considering the people who don't use Terragen professionally.

The Vue guys could learn a thing or two about this.

mhaze

The pricing is just right for me I've just had a lot of roofing problems which are going to cost me rather more than I wanted to spend! So I'm happy I can afford $149 just!

rcallicotte

@mhaze and #reck - I agree.  Good upgrades mean I'm staying with it, because I have the $$.  Also agree with reck that the e-On people could learn a thing or two about real customer service from Planetside.  It's unusual to not get real help in these forums.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

3dworks

got it, sorry didn't see that part of the post... great news and a special thank you for making this upgrade affordable!!

markus

DannyG

Very reasonably priced! Alright, another kick in the nuts to evil Empire Cornucopia! Now we can commence naggin for a firm release date!!  :P
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

sjefen

ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Upon Infinity

Will there be any path that goes from Terragen 3 Professional w/o animation to T3 Professional w/ animation (if you go for the one w/o and then decide to upgrade later)?

EoinArmstrong

Simius Strabus

$149 for an upgrade to version 3? Thats real cheap! Nice :)
Why stop dreaming when you wake up?

iMac i7 2.8GHz 8Gb

Blackheart6004

My DeviantArt Profile - http://blackheart6004.deviantart.com/