300 seconds left

Started by Hannes, July 12, 2013, 07:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Here is the final, yet not optimal animation from my "30 seconds left"-image (http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,16270.0.html)
It turned out that 30 seconds weren't enough time until the impact, so I increased it in the title.
I had to turn off "acceleration cache" for the first four or five cloud layers of the asteroid to avoid flickering issues in the fire/smoke trail. I should have turned it off in all layers. There's some heavy flickering in the rear part of the trail.
Anyway I don't want to improve this. Rendertimes were almost one and a half hours per frame, so I had enough... ;)
Some postwork: lensflare, motion blur and chromatic aberration.
Didn't want to put it on Vimeo, because of the heavy blurring, so I decided to make it downloadable here.

masonspappy

Incredible sense of impending doom!! ;)

Bjur

Very cool scene!

Especially the 1st second, the glowing asteroid let me feel heat and appeals really like a huge threat.  :D
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

TheBadger

[attachimg=1]

It would absolutely work in a film. Its film quality.
Much better than the one in "deep Impact" and "Armageddon". Much much better.

Thanks for doing it Hannes. It was great fun for me.
It has been eaten.

Hannes

Simius Strabus

Why stop dreaming when you wake up?

iMac i7 2.8GHz 8Gb

otakar

Very nice, such a clip always shouts out for more.

rcallicotte

Nicely done, Hannes.  Moving slower than I would have expected, but brilliant in color and I love fire / smoke. The switch to the background planet and sun are well done with the perfect sun over beautiful clouds.  This is excellent work inside TG.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Zairyn Arsyn

amazing work Hannes (claps hands) :)

WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram