Terragen 3 release date and pre-purchase

Started by Oshyan, July 16, 2013, 03:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

People who had multiple purchases sometimes have the wrong one credited to their account. Just email us at support AT planetside.co.uk please and we'll get everything sorted out.

- Oshyan

Marcos Silveira

Quote from: Oshyan on July 30, 2013, 06:02:14 PM
People who had multiple purchases sometimes have the wrong one credited to their account. Just email us at support AT planetside.co.uk please and we'll get everything sorted out.

- Oshyan

;D Thanx

Kevin F

Just paid for the upgrade fromTG2.5 with animation to TG3 pro with animation, only to find it's still the limited (free) version. :(
What's the point of paying up front for the current TG3 version just to get the same as the free one?

Matt

Kevin, when the key file is put into the Terragen folder it should activate Terragen and enable the extra features. If that doesn't work please email support AT planetside.co.uk and we'll troubleshoot from there.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Kevin F

Quote from: Matt on July 31, 2013, 03:08:43 PM
Kevin, when the key file is put into the Terragen folder it should activate Terragen and enable the extra features. If that doesn't work please email support AT planetside.co.uk and we'll troubleshoot from there.

Matt

What key file?

Matt

You might not have received it yet, but we will email you a license key file.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Kevin F

choronr

Question: I will be downloading Terragen 3 on Friday. I have my Terragen key in an email I got from John McKulsky back in 2006 when I ordered the 'Pre-purchase' of Terragen 2. If I have to place the key file in the same folder as Terragen 3, wouldn't that de-activate my use of Terragen 2?

PG

Terragen 2's licence doesn't copy over. You'd need to get an upgrade key which is basically a complete key for TG3 available to those who already bought TG2.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

choronr

Quote from: PG on July 31, 2013, 04:47:37 PM
Terragen 2's licence doesn't copy over. You'd need to get an upgrade key which is basically a complete key for TG3 available to those who already bought TG2.
Thanks PG, with all the techno-babble out there (stuff other than TG3) between banks, television and etc,. my mind is turning to mush.

digitalguru

I have a complex scene that I'd like to to update to Terragen 3 (using the pre-release)-  there are quite a few populations that I will have to manually update to the new Population V4 node and it will be a good deal of work.

My question is, would it be safe to update given there will changes in the final version, or should I wait till it comes out?

choronr

I just ordered and paid for Terragen 3 64 bit for Windows, selecting the $149.00 option. Upon completion of the transaction and download, I opened the program; and, to my surprise, I read the choices 'But Now' or 'Use Free Version'. Shouldn't I have received the full version? Someone please explain this.

I'm not going to open the program until I hear back from someone on the Planetside staff.

Thanks and sorry for any confusion.

Kevin F

Bob,
see http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,16349.msg161319.html#msg161319

and Matts replies. You need a key file. (not that it's mentioned anywhere!)

Oshyan

Hi Bob, check your email. As I mentioned, Terragen 3 requires a key file just like TG2, and naturally they're not the same key file. This clearly needs clarification in our online store so we'll work on that ASAP.

- Oshyan

jaf

Hi Oshyan,

I just received an email about a new upload of 3.0.05.  Where do I go to get it.  The email I received my tg3 license key had a link, but it still points to 3.0.04.
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02