Pop Prob

Started by chefc, June 08, 2007, 08:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chefc

How does one control specific (individual / population ) of objects?
Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

ProjectX

Could you explain yourself a little further? What exactly do you want to control, the individual objects, or the population?

chefc

I want to place the object but I want to choose its location's in the image . I hope that helps a bit more ?
Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

old_blaggard

So essentially you would like to place (say) a single tree exactly where you want in the image?  To do that, go to Add Object ->Object and then import your model.  Once that's done, you can position it within the node.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

cyphyr

If you move your mouse about in the preview window you'll notice that the position its pointing to (over) is indicated just below the preview window. Use these numbers to position your single object or as the centre of a population.
Hope this helps
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Oshyan

You can position individual objects or whole populations by selecting it in the 3D preview (move your mouse over the center "x" of the population area until it turns yellow and click) then dragging on one of the directional arrows, or click and drag on the center point to "free move". You can also enter specific numerical positions directly into the Population or Object node settings which can be a more accurate way to work when you have specific positioning in mind, for example matching it with an imported terrain.

You cannot currently reposition instances *within* a population.

- Oshyan

chefc

Thanks Oshyan your info was very helpful as was cypher's Using the #'s accurately was my problem   
Thanks again fellas It seems a little mundane to ask ?'s as I try to be independent and try to work thing's out ,fortunately there is a place to bring my ?'s to be solved
Thanks
Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

adit

Something that I've always found useful is zooming backwards from the camera and then putting the coordinates of the camera for the object. It's especially helpful when the object is opened at origin (0,0,0) but you're positioned really far away due to your scene.