Woodlawn

Started by PillarOfAutumn, August 01, 2013, 02:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PillarOfAutumn

What you guys think ? Not too bad for a rookie :) ?
[attachimg=1]

Bjur

No, this is a very good one, i like the scene.

I never planted any trees nor i created rivers till yet. You are more pro than i am! :D

You could furthermore try to play with the haze and blue sky glow and density amount (reducing them a bit).
It should result in stronger colors and it's variations and deeper shadows in the foreground.
The background (clouds, reflections and islands or whatever) should also become a little more contrasty and visible then.

Especially for wider shots:
Don't trust TG's given base settings for atmo and lights if you want realism in all.
They are just a kind of base settings from where you can start with to get better results by tweaking the base settings (generally depending on the scene and scale).

But beware, tinkering with them could be fun and hell at the same time sometimes. ^

You could try also to set your planets radius to the max. of "7.1492e+007" (Objects tab / Planet 01).
Copy this value and replace the old negative value of your planets centre ("-6.378e+006") to the negative value of "-7.1492e+007".

With that you can get rid off the unnatural looking earth's curvature for a more plane and natural looking horizon (just ignore TG's given real world base data's/scales for that).

GL HF!  :)

Alex
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~