Rendering a Canyon

Started by FrankThomas, December 24, 2006, 08:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankThomas

Someone asked about how to render a river at the bottom of a canyon so I thought I'd have a go with some DEMs for the Grand Canyon

crazymonkey

cool strata...i've got some dem's floating around that i might have to play with now :P

FrankThomas

I have loads of DEM files :) about 800Mb worth - I really should get round to doing some renders off them I think at some point

sonshine777

I prefer using DEMs because they represent a place that really exists on earth, it is fun to try to replicate the real-world landscape Which is very possible with TG2 (I also have about 100 DEMs)

Dark Fire

I find that playing with DEMs is only interesting if you actually know the place that the DEMs are of. My favourite DEM features Tenerife - the shape of Tenerife is unmistakable...

Tangled-Universe

Tenerife?
That sounds interesting :)
Would you mind sharing some nice DEM's? (upload some to rapidshare/fileupload/whatsoever)
That would be really great  ;D

Martin

Volker Harun

king_tiger_666

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

king_tiger_666

copuld just be me but that linky doesn't work:(

Tangled-Universe

king_tiger_666

cool thanks.. that one downloaded

Dark Fire

Sorry about the link - it seems that you can't link words on these forums to anything other than the hyper text transfer protocol...Just pasting in the URL is the only way to link the Tenerife file:

ftp://e0srp01u.ecs.nasa.gov/srtm/version2/SRTM3/Africa/N28W017.hgt.zip

Oshyan

There are some DEM-sourced terrains over at Ashundar as well, in the Files area. http://www.ashundar.com/list.php?c=ter

- Oshyan