Started by Dune, August 01, 2013, 09:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyG

WoW, I need some more practice, awesome
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

ADE

not read the rest well some of it, but saw the first image posted here, the waves as close up need to be somewhat shallower and closer....sigh...I cant at this time say what I mean....they look hilly as like in a terrain hilly. I don't post much in here, but I have used transform shader to get some kind of waves and for months I have tried to do a roller, I succeeded at some point, but the crest was toooo sharp, anyway enough of the thing about the commentary its a great image

hope I aint offended.....its saturday

choronr

Those last two images are inspiring. I like those boulders you've positioned in the second one. Some day you must write a tutorial on making them.

PillarOfAutumn

Amazing ! :D What's u'r render settings in terms of Quality and AA ? :)

Dune

The boulders are masked out areas of the river simple shape. Lowering the river floor, with these 'holes' in them results in upheavals midstream. That's one way. The latest is different; I just used the masked out areas in midstream to put fake rocks there.
My detail and AA are usually 0.65 and 6, Mitchel-Netravali filter.

efflux

Good work with the river water here. It really looks like it's flowing in a direction with the frothy bits etc.

choronr

So many inspirations here including the earlier ones.

Dune

Here's a better one, the former I quickly did in Irfanview and became a bit gray.

Kadri

Looks realistic.Nice image Ulco!

ADE

awesome pic of the latest image of the river

mhaze

choronr

One of the things I like about this image is what appears to be dryness in the distance and life in the foreground.

yossam

The master is at it again............ ;D

inkydigit

some great techniques being put to excellent use here!
I'd drop the bird, for me it looks a bit plastic... and out of place somehow?
crits aside... I love it!
:)
J

Dune

Thanks guys. The egret indeed needs more 'feathers', but it's also the sun that hits it too much.
I have taken this river into a ravine, but the render time of the water is hideously long. I'll try to find a way to fake the water's reflectivity to speed it up. I've already restricted transparency to the front 20 meters.
I'm also a bit at a loss regarding lighting a ravine. Fill lights without shadows, a high sun and GI on surface at 2 are my settings now.... see where it gets me.