Terragen 3 OBJ textures

Started by Upon Infinity, August 10, 2013, 10:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upon Infinity

Hi,

I noticed previously when importing self-made OBJ objects (from Hexagon, specifically) that the textures would not reference properly and I would have to reassociate them to the object painstakingly.  Was this problem fixed at some point, as I now have no problem importing them now, or was I doing something wrong at the export end?

Thanks.

And if you did fix something...good job!

jo

Hi,

We have done a bit of work on making the OBJ importer more flexible. Lots of apps export OBJ files in what is technically an incorrect way so the OBJ importer now tries several ways to find MTL and texture files. Glad to hear you're finding the improvements useful.

Regards,

Jo

bobbystahr

Quote from: jo on August 10, 2013, 10:42:41 PM
Hi,

We have done a bit of work on making the OBJ importer more flexible. Lots of apps export OBJ files in what is technically an incorrect way so the OBJ importer now tries several ways to find MTL and texture files. Glad to hear you're finding the improvements useful.

Regards,

Jo
Not to mention the handy tree type access for texturing if y wanna change something/add transparency/luminance, etc.,...then there's the actual image handling in the Surface Layer...wow...well done folks!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist