saving a render element

Started by dorianvan, August 06, 2013, 05:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorianvan

Does anybody know the steps how to save out render elements? I want to save zdepth (I assume Surface Depth). I see the checkboxes on the Render Elements tab of the Edit box (after creating a new Render Layer), and the documentation here http://www.planetside.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Render_Layers_and_Render_Elements#Render_Elements , but I can't figure out how to get it saved and viewable (single frame and animation). Thanks
-Dorian

Oshyan

In either case - single frame or animation - you need to use the Render Sequence button on the Sequence/Output tab and be sure you have Extra Output Images checked.

- Oshyan

dorianvan

Right, but what kind of naming convention is there? For Surface Depth (which I'm assuming is zdepth), it says "tgSurfDepth", but can you give a full example for naming this so it will work (including the sequence)? Thanks
-Dorian

Oshyan

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. The naming and output works pretty much the same as the normal sequence output except the render element type/name is also added to the output file names. You can optionally output render element types each to their own folders.

- Oshyan

dorianvan

Okay thanks, it worked. I noticed that I had create subfolders checked so that's where it went.
-Dorian

Matt

You should have the string 'IMAGETYPE' (without quotes) somewhere in the "extra output images" filename, and this gets replaced by the element name.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.