New Render

Started by zionner, June 12, 2007, 04:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zionner

Hey all

I've been toying around with the Clouds, Trying to get a nice thick load of clouds, but not too thick...and ive finnaly got it!

Also over the last weeks, ive discovered the method to create Deep Snow...And Heres what the last Week or two has come up with : (currently at 0.5 detail, 800 X 600, Full Cloud Quality and no GI detail)

rcallicotte

Your snow and clouds do look pretty good.  You're on the right track.  Can't wait to see the finalized.  What's next?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

ProjectX

Those are good clouds zionner, but work on your surfacing a bit more. Rocks are rarely that monotonous, add some tonal variation, and maybe some ice reflecting off of it, perhaps add a redirect shader and get some nice rocky features on it,  etc. Really open your imagination to the place.

Also, somewhere on the file sharing forum is a really nice clip file for snow, give it a try, it adds tons of depth.

zionner

Thanks for the Tips and comments guys,

I've changed the snow alot, but for now ive left the clouds like they were, and im rendering it at the same detail level as the last one i made (i'll make the full detailed version the finished one)

zionner

ok...Heres my new version

The Mountian Structure and Snow has been considerably changed...and this was rendered at 800x600, 1 Detail, 3 AA, 0 GI detail (this produces the snow as red for some reason) so i need to try and get rid of that for the next version..this also took 4 hours, 45 minutes and 28 seconds to render

rcallicotte

This is nice.  Heavy snowfall, eh?  Needs some skiiers diving off that slope.   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

ProjectX

That's a much more beautiful slope, although I'd blend the redirect shader with a power fractal so that it doesn't affect the whole rockface, that way you get some smooth bits and some jagged bits, and it means the overall image is less busy, but this is a definite improvement over the last render!

nvseal

I agree, a great improvement. Nice work!

zionner

Thanks all, im still quite new with the redirect shader..but i'll try to improve it..

Also...what dose GI Detail acually add?

inkydigit

Quote from: zionner on June 14, 2007, 11:42:50 AM
Also...what dose GI Detail acually add?

render time increase!! ;D

apart from that i dont know, but there is loads of info here:

http://www.designpaths.com/terragen-tutorials/working-with-clouds-and-the-atmosphere/

and here:

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?board=2.0

:)
btw... nice work, keep at it!!

zionner

zionner

Heres a picture of my Newest Render, Its render just at the default Settings, And is just a test to see what you guys think i can improve on:

Comments and Ideas welcome!

ProjectX

I'd restrict the redirect shader so it only redirects the slopes, that way you'll get some flat lands to maybe put some grass or sand on and it breaks up the image a bit more, while making it less busy. Other than that you're off to a good start

zionner

Thanks for the Tips!