Tokyo, in 150 Gigapixels!

Started by TheBadger, August 15, 2013, 05:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

TheBadger

I have been looking in the windows of cars and buildings for people picking their noses. But all I found so far is this guy committing suicide.

It has been eaten.

Dune

PabloMack

My first thought is "What kind of data structure could efficiently store such an image?". Flat pictures use two-dimensional arrays of pixels but once you go fish-eye then that won't do any more.

TheBadger

here you go pablo http://www.kolor.com/image-stitching-software-autopano-giga.html

I often shoot pano for traditional compositions in order to make images as if I had a true medium or large format camera. Often I do this in Bracketed exposures for hdr too. I cant recommend the soft enough. It works.
It has been eaten.

PabloMack

Thanks.

TheBadger

It was created from hundreds even thousands of photos taken by many photographers, pablo. Autopano sponsors these projects. The first one they did was of Paris, France. I think the paris project was better explained.

The soft can handle just about anything you throw at it. If your interested you should look into the soft... As I said, it really works, and well too. I use it with my 3D stuff in various ways also.

EDIT
If you were curious about how massive a working file is, and how hardware deals with it, I have no idea. I suspect the system they put this together on cost a lot more than my PC. ;D Who knows though. I never tried anything that large ;)
It has been eaten.