TG3- Lots of crashing

Started by ares2101, August 18, 2013, 03:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reck

I can imagine that these sort of crashes must be difficult to track down. Especially when all you get from users like me is "i've had another crash", not a lot to go on.

I have been using shaded mode a lot, or wireframe when it's become a bit slow. If this is the case of the crashes i'll stick to box mode for now as Dune suggested. Maybe just quickly jumping back to wireframe now and again for position reasons and then returning to box mode before rendering.

So i'm not much help with the crashing.

I forgot to mention in my previous email, both system are Windows 7 x64 with the latest version of TG3.

jaf

I must be very lucky.  My typical workflow is I put up a second full screen preview on my second monitor with shaders, atmosphere, and lighting active.  Plus objects as wireframe.  I do pause the small preview but soometimes let it render when my secondary preview is in a different view, usually top.  I can't remember a crash since I've started using TG3, except when I cause it by poking around in the settings while a render is active, which is of course, not recommneded.

Maybe it's because I running that old OS winXP!  :D  The below image is my setup with the exception the full preview is usually on the second monitor.
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

reck

You're not tempted by Win 7 then Jaf? It's a great OS. I believe support for XP will be stopping next year so you might want to consider upgrading then as you'll no longer be received updates.

As for the TG3 crashes, who knows what's behind it. What gfx card are you using?

jaf

Hi reck.  I've been tempted and have it on an Amazon wish list.  I also have the win8 upgrade but haven't installed it yet.  I guess after all these years of getting my PC running the way I wanted, I'm a little hesitant (and I don't like pushed by Microsoft.)  They did a lot of things like make DirectX 11 unavailable to XP to force buying into the next version.  But I know they are a business and that's the way it is.

My gfx is in my signature.  :)
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02