Mask Blending Issue

Started by AP, August 18, 2013, 05:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

I have a test version of an image map to use as a mask to drive my shader layers, however the issue I am having is one of border blending. I want to use a noticeable fractal to make the border blend very nice but what I am stuck at is a smooth blend as scene in the image posted. I could use some help with this so I am posting the scene file here. I may be over looking the obvious. Thank you.

Dune

This is the only solution I can find for you. Hope that suits your need. There are other solutions, I'm sure, by using a smaller soft white mask and working with merge shaders to get a 'edges mask' and use that for fractals.

Matt

You can connect Power fractal shader v3 01 to the "Breakup shader" input of the surface layer and then use the straightforward Image map as your mask. Be sure to set the breakup amount to 1. I also reduced the coverage to 1 on the surface layer in the example below.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Matt

By the way, if you want to make this surface reflective, connect the Reflective shader to the "child layers" input, not the "colour function", reenable "Apply colour" (because it gets disabled when you remove the connection) and set the surface colour to black.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

AP

It's working quite well, thank you kindly.    :D