Specific cliff, overlooking a lake

Started by roberthil, April 28, 2014, 10:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roberthil

Hello, I am new, using the free version to see if this program can do what I need it to do. I am a lightwave user, I model objects in lightwave 3d and need to put a monument on a cliff face with a tree line to the rear.

What I need to know is, can I sculpt the cliff, using the native tools in terragen? Or must I import a sculpted cliff and use terragen's native generated mountains?

Lightwave doesn't render atmospherics fairly well and it doesn't do tree lines at all. I know there will be a learning curve, but if this program can do what I want it to do, the learning curve shouldn't be a problem for me.

Dune

You can do either, though really sculpting in TG is not very easy. Depends on how accurate the cliff needs to be. If it can be 'any cliff' it's not too hard in TG.
But you also make a cliff in another 3D program (like ZBrush) and make a vector displacement map out of it, use that to 'sculpt' the terrain in TG. Or use a real object, though real displacement will be harder on an imported object (depends on finess of vertices).