Mushroom forest plants

Started by TheBadger, August 25, 2013, 06:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Hello,

This is my first big object share. The objects are also the first models I made when beginning to learn modeling. They are as they are, in this case unnecessarily large file sizes via unnecessarily high polly counts.
There are 149 items in 26 different plant objects Some better than others. Sorry no preview other than the links below.
DOWNLOAD--> https://mega.co.nz/#!UlJynRBL!Gu4nz0Z60sLAHkKiOuGDrRv8GQJ4eVnBu_tqchqQ-rg <--DOWNLOAD

They can be problematic to populate with if you have not much RAM to play with (and even if you do!). One thing you can do to deal with that is to make object individuals and populations "hidden" after you have them where you want them (remember to unhide before rendering). Also, it will be necessarily to use the "wire frame preview on" for positioning. But make sure you move back to the bounding box as soon as you can. Work back and forth.

Render with real displacement for best results up close.

Here are most of the plants from these images (excluding the Walli plants of course):
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,14818.0.html page 1 and 2
And
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,15153.msg147522.html#msg147522

Let me know if you make an image with these objects. I would like to see what people come up with.

Remember to change the scale in the XYZ to gain additional variations. And to rotate in the Y. Some of the plants are mostly the same all around. But some do look like new plants from different angles, especially when scale is altered.

Likely, the plants will come in on import gigantic. You'll have to resize from the start.

Don't remember anything else right now. If you have problems let me know.

Cheers.

Edit*
Please do not repost the link (just a request). Instead if you know someone who would want these, have them come to the terragen community to get them. The more users the better, yes?

Also, Im not sure I put everything in the file that people may want. IF a certain plant is not included, let me know and Ill see if I can find it.
It has been eaten.

bobbystahr

Downloading them at the moment...gonna be a while but it works man. RE: size...if .objs come in huge I generally click the source in cm  under object options and they're automatically 1/10th the size.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

yossam

Download works great................took about 20 minutes. Unzipped fine.............tried in Poseray, works fine.

Thank you Michael................gonna be a lot of shrooms in the near future.  ;D

Clicking the source in cm works like a charm.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

TheBadger

Welcome.
Hope this goes some ways towards paying back the community for helping me.
It has been eaten.

Kadri

Thanks for the files Michael.
This could be easily put beside the other free TG3 plant files.
I had a quick look at the files and all of them does look like hero objects :)

*modified the post after i saw all objects.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Kadri on August 25, 2013, 11:59:37 PM

Thanks for the files Michael.
This could be easily put beside the other free TG3 free plant files.
Have no time to look at all of them but the ones i saw does look like hero plants :)
Don't think files that large can be uploaded here but certainly split into groups of a size allowed would be a very good idea...that is unless all us fun guys just get em off your MEGA link.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

This is strange... what browsers do you all use? I use Opera, the absolute latest version, and mega says it's outdated and I have to download some experimental new 'Opera Next' browser. And Internet Explorer does nothing at all, but that may be outdated as I never use it.

yossam

Kadri

Firefox.

Explorer and Opera gives that problem for me too Ulco.

Dune

How's Chrome anyway? I'm a bit reluctant, as it's google again...

Kadri

For a while after Firefox i liked Chrome.
Then it got problematic and slower and i could not export some of my settings that made me use Firefox ones again.
Not saying that or this is good but depends on the user and how you use it probably too.
Recently Firefox crashes frequently for example...

TheBadger

QuoteSafari lacks the HTML5 features MEGA relies on to perform client-side in-browser cryptography. HTML5 file transfers will be emulated through a very limited Flash workaround. Please consider upgrading to a modern browser at your earliest convenience.

Personally I hate Chrome. Firefox is my alternative to Safari when I have problems. I kinda hate safari too, but Im used to it.
It has been eaten.

Dune

I'm just reading about Chrome; it sends ALL user data to Google, unless you put an effort in disabling a lot of stuff. I don't much appreciate that Big Brother like behavior, so I'll probably stick to Opera (and have to let your shrooms go). I also have something against this google toolbar that is often automatically installed if you don't watch carefully. I like my machine clean and clutter free, seen enough users who have everything installed that comes free.

TheBadger

[attach=1]

Chrome works with this. But if you look at mega's graphic you can see they just barely tolerate it.
It has been eaten.