Museum wall

Started by Dune, August 26, 2013, 03:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

You're welcome.  You're right in that planning out the basics of how you are going to render the mural is crucial to sort out early.  A change of direction midway through could mean a lot of reworking/rearranging. It's an interesting and challenging concept to visualise and I'm sure everyone will be interested in following its progress.

Maybe they'd like to make the finished image available via something like http://gigapan.com/ for some extra exposure of the museum?  .. or publish a zoomable version of it on their own website?

Dune

I can always give them a hint in that direction. Might be a good idea.

After some initial mishaps (not fitting images, probably a small mistake somewhere again), I managed to get it working. Saved the 'individual panorama PTGUI project' for final renders. Lined the individuals up in PS and it worked flawlessly! Terrific! Two bigger tests are now rendering (4200x2527), see what they do...

As I have to fill about 80m of wall, I have to go round twice, with two different terrain bases or it will be too much the same. I have to figure out a way to fit those two together, although a small change is not too bad, there's a gap in the wall there anyway. 

Oshyan

This is a very exciting and cool project, I'm thrilled to see it being tackled in TG. And to see 2 of this communities masterminds/evil geniuses focusing formidable mental resources on it, that's quite important and gratifying. Can't wait to see how this progresses, it's an epic task!

- Oshyan

Dune

One step further, slowly getting some shapes... the matching is quite perfect, only in some cloud there's a tiny color difference between renders.

Dune

Another step ahead....

choronr

Impressive. Your client should be very satisfied with your efforts.

TheBadger

This would be fun to walk by at a VERY large size!
It has been eaten.

Dune

It will be 82 meters by 2.8 high, so I can't wait to see it in real life. But it'll need a lot of fine detail and a big render!

archonforest

That is gigantic!!
I am sure this pix will be a main attraction over there ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

kaedorg

Anghiari Battle from De Vinci : 17 meters long

Ulco Art : 82 meters long

You're a Master

Hope for you it will survive more than the Battle, but i would like to see it for real

choronr

When it is finally printed and mounted, would like to see a photo of it with you standing beside it.

Dune

QuoteWhen it is finally printed and mounted, would like to see a photo of it with you standing beside it.
I will fall into insignificance  ;)

Bjur

Just thinking about a render for such dimensions.. *ouch

Wish you all the best and that next/upcoming tasks will work in favour of you and like intentioned in all!
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

choronr

Quote from: Dune on October 18, 2013, 02:43:26 AM
QuoteWhen it is finally printed and mounted, would like to see a photo of it with you standing beside it.
I will fall into insignificance  ;)
Oh, just go ahead a have a friend snap a pic. We're all raring to see it.