Museum wall

Started by Dune, August 26, 2013, 03:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

This is getting better and better!

TheBadger

that last one is really great!  :o :o :o :o :o
Love it all. But my eye really went to the hill in the back. Where I live we have lots of glacial drumlins (is the hill in your image a drumlin?). I love seeing how the woods thins near the top. Looks great!
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

The grasses in the foreground look quite nice. A couple of low-poly looking trees though (flat planes for leaves/branches). Otherwise quite nice.

- Oshyan

Dune

I have to find what a drumlin is (sounds like a hobbit), but I don't think so; these are just low rolling hills in the South of Holland (Limburg), with an occasional steep bit. No glacial stuff here, the ice didn't get that far.
I know about the trees, Oshyan, they worry me, because this needs to be rendered rather large. I might have to build a higher poly one. Can be done, because this one is only 10Mb, and I have plenty of 'space' for more veggies, memory wise.

Dune

Some more tests. Too much, too big flowers in some, lowered the sun angle from 35º to 25º in another, changed the clouds (I want some shadows over land here and there), add some long grass in yet another, replaced the large trees, added more smaller ones.... I need to keep in mind that this is going to be huge, so all details have to be believable.
In number 6 there's place for another Roman villa, I think, with entrance and road.... to the right of that I'll start working on the iron age.

mhaze

I like number three, reminds of the south downs where I grew up

Oshyan

These are looking really superb Ulco, lots of nice detail. Nice clouds too!

- Oshyan

choronr

Each of these are done with pleasing details. We all can learn by looking at such excellent work.

masonspappy

They are very well done. I'm also particular to #3

TheBadger

LM-4B-10-0006A.jpg really stands out for me.
It has been eaten.

Dune

Unfortunately it's not just one that needs to be perfect, they all need to be, as it's one long wall.
Made some changes again. Dumped the localized 'mist', they became too hazy, IMO. Other clouds and I like the dramatic effect. Maybe I'll ditch some areas without loosing the shadows. The red are some changes I wil make (porch near Roman villa, dots are sheep, etc). On the right side were getting into the Iron Age.
Any suggestions? I want to add stuff, e.g. I just made a scarecrow which I'll put in somewhere. Just found out how to drape cloth in Lightwave... awesome feature.

TheBadger

^^ they are all good, Ulco. I just picked the part I liked looking at the best.
It has been eaten.

pclavett

Lovely images and will have to take the time to read through this ! Beautiful work Ulco !
Paul

Dune

Another lo-res update. Slowly getting its final proportions, as all items have to fit on a wall with firehoses, doors and nooks and crannies. It's not just one straight wall, I'm afraid.
The amount of 'warp' between sections is so small, that it's hardly noticable. And only a minimum of light difference in the clouds. These are just the 45º renders stuck against eachother, no PTGUI work, which would save me on render time, as I will loose bands top and bottom if I use PTGUI. Lucklily the terrain is lsightly wobbly anyway.

choronr

Beautiful. Wish I could see it in person when it is finally up on the wall.