Z06

Started by yossam, August 27, 2013, 12:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

I would like to see your result.............I didn't see much difference by adding the 2nd sun or playing with GISD.  ???

Dune

What if you add another top sun with very soft shadows? That should darken underneath the car.

cyphyr

Here you go. Your texturing is way better than mine. The dark line on the car is down to the GSID working overtime on a seam in the model. If I were taking this further I'd probably do a separate render of the car and comp it in post. I think this is the same model as you used, from Foundation3D? I had to scale it down to 0.1 but I don't know how big a cadillac is really anyway :)
tgd attached as well.
just noticed the grid patten showing upon the car. Looks like it's following the bucket edges.
I'm sure you can tweak it way better (and use your better car ) :)
the somewhat rediculus render settings were simply because I let it render over night and thought "why not!"
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Dune

GISD is the culprit for these lines, Richard. Your setting them to 4 caused it, as I had the same with settings of 1.5. Better stick to default, for the time being. It's known at alpha.

yossam

I have the same problems with my render that you did................I even turned the occlusion weight to default and I'm still getting the grid pattern. Not as bad..............but still there. I think that I will try another model to see if maybe that's the problem.

One thing that I did notice.....................the model looks great until the render finalizes. Then it goes to hell.  :'(

yossam

This is the best I can get it, without some post on the dark line.  :-\

Settings: Quality .5
                AA 3
                Occlusion weight 1
                BTTO 2

Everything else is the same.

cyphyr

www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

TheBadger

Last one is the one for me.
It has been eaten.

yossam

Different car..................same problem.  :'(

yossam

Experimenting................

masonspappy

Um, it looks like it has rocket thrusters. "Buck Rogers goes traveling"???