Base of Bounding Box rendering.

Started by EdBardet, August 31, 2013, 03:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdBardet

I have an object loaded. When I render it it seems like the base of the bounding box is rendered also. I checked and neither the original file nor the one outputted by poseray have any base to the object. Is there a setting to eliminate this, or something I can do to eliminate a base before loading? I believe the bounding box is a TG feature, not an external one.
Thanx,
Ed

choronr

Render a view of the issue and post it so as to illustrate the problem.

EdBardet

cyphyr

For this and your materials question download Poseray.
It's free and safe, plenty of us use it.
I put ALL my models, self made and downloaded through it.

Link: https://sites.google.com/site/poseray/

Load your object into Poseray and check the preview. Can you see the bounding box. If so you'll need to load the model into your modelling program and remove it.
You can also set smoothing angle and plenty of other stuff at the same time.
When you export your model from Poseray there is an option to copy images to your export directory, use it.

I've not come across this problem before soI suspect that it's down to the model in some way.

Hope this helps

Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

EdBardet

Richard
That is poseray output and I checked it and the preview did not have that base. Howsome ever---The materials were missing and one was evidently in the file and I didn't know about it. So I'll go back to the original C4D drawing and get all the materials squared away. I had a total disk failure a while back and evidently didn't get all the files back.
Thanks
Ed

jo

Hi Ed,

Just to be clear, the bounding box for objects will never be rendered in TG. It's simply not part of the render scene. If you see something like that it's most likely to be a problem with your model.

Regards,

Jo