object control

Started by archonforest, September 03, 2013, 01:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archonforest

Hi guys,
Just learning TG and started to fool around with object. I made a small island and wanted to put some plants on it. I "planted" some population but they are all in the air :o ....I mean it looks funny but somehow I cannot put them on the ground ???
Can someone let me know where is that button, slider...etc that will make them land on the ground? Thx a lot.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

yossam

archonforest

Since I deleted it I made a new one and I think I figured out something. They are not flying now. But I will appreciate if you can take a look anyways as I can learn from what u say like yesterday :D

yossam

The only thing that I see..............your population is really tiny and really far apart for their size. They are populating like they should.  :)

Dune

Occasionally it happens that a population doesn't recognize the planet it's supposed to sit on. When you don't have a compute terrain for instance, or more of them (sitting idle). So check the terrain tab of the pop and give it it's planet. Nothing wrong with this file of yours though. 

archonforest

Thanx guys for the help. For Yossam here is a picture I made with your help(how to handle .tgc) yesterday.

yossam

I would brighten up the clouds some more..............other than that a pretty good job.  ;D