Documentation / user manual request

Started by EdBardet, September 09, 2013, 10:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdBardet

I am a newcomer to TG's node approach. I would really like to see examples of node structures in the user manual. 
Specific example.
I would like to export a heightfield. Looking at "Heightfield Export LWO", the wiki says ... the desired heightfield shader is connected to the node's input.....   I have not been able to connect a heightfield shader to the Export node. The connection does not seem to be allowed. It does allow connection to the Heightfield generate. Very confusing.
It would be really nice in the Wiki, if a diagram of this connection would be shown.

Illustrating what I would like to see is in the attached file. I think this type of information would really help the newbee.

Thanks,
Ed

Oshyan

There is no "export" node that I'm aware of. To save a heightfield, right-click the heightfield node and choose Save As. If your shader network is procedural, you need to convert to a Heightfield, use the Shader input of a Generate Heightfield node (the heightfield is a finite area, set in the heightfield node's settings, measured in meters).

Heightfield Export LWO is old and soon to be deprecated, it allows you to export geometry from a terrain (not necessarily heightfield). We now recommend you instead use the Micro Exporter. Documentation is here: http://www.planetside.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Micro_Exporter

- Oshyan