Marsh

Started by mr-miley, June 18, 2007, 07:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr-miley

Hi all. Thought I'd post this to get a few C&C. Its a WIP. I was aiming for a partly dried up marsh (or boggy place) type thing. I think on the whole its OK, but it needs something.... just not sure what, hence posting it here. Any way, hope you like  :)
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

dhavalmistry

very nice...this would workout perfect if there was water transparency!

where did you get the ground-cover flowers?

great image
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

Good job.  Excellent earth.  Good placement of objects.  Great water.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

mr-miley

Ta both, glad you like  ;D

dhavalmistry, can't remember where I got the flowers, may have made them myself with plant studio or something like that. Let me hav a look in the TG file, find out which ones they are and I'll post them on my website (where there are other bits and bobs too)

Ta

Miles

old_blaggard

Nice job thus far.  I really like your clouds.  I think you should try playing with the foreground to add a bit more color and variation to help get that extra "something" of interest that you want.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

RealUser

Give the grass some transparency, add some seaweed here and there or some green spots on the soil, make the distribution of the grass less regular, change the colour of the populations slightly, add a wet area to the edge of the water or make it more visible, put some plants into the water, put some birds in the sky and on the ground, make the background a bit lighter ... well ... some more hints? ;-)
Markus / RealUser
visit my Renderosity Gallery at
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=RealUser

mr-miley

Bloody hell RealUser  :o If I start on that lot now, I may be finished by christmas....... 2008  ;D Thanks though, that has given me a few ideas... which is what I asked for afterall :)

Mohawk20

You really got that muddy feel going on the brown surface!
I like the shadows in the distance, makes it look more real.
Howgh!

sonshine777

Quote from: mr-miley on June 19, 2007, 04:58:00 AM
Bloody hell RealUser  :o If I start on that lot now, I may be finished by christmas....... 2008  ;D Thanks though, that has given me a few ideas... which is what I asked for afterall :)

Well at least you should be able to incorparate transparent water by then. ;D

mr-miley

Good point sonshine777  ;D I may even be able to render it larger than 800 x 600 in under 20 hours..... nah, that would just be plain silly  ;D

Kevin F

Very nice image. It has a really good feel of damp wet marshlands. Some birds would be a huge boon to a scene like this.
Regards
Kevin.

RealUser

@mr-miley: You asked! ;-)
Markus / RealUser
visit my Renderosity Gallery at
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=RealUser

tumasch

Great render! Perhaps you could try colouring the water in a brownish tone...? To make the whole thing even more "muddy"  ::)
Décider c'est mourir un peu.