Object Display Mode.....

Started by Lady of the Lake, September 17, 2013, 04:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady of the Lake

Yes.  AND the Shader Display in the that 3D Preview Main window is doing the same.  They do not change every time I change some part of the scene but when reset,  the buttons at the top of the 3D Preview Screen change very often.....all by themselves.

Thanks.

jo

Hi Lyla,

When you say "when reset" do you mean you've clicked the Reset button in the main 3D Preview?

Regards,

Jo

Oshyan

Oh, well... that's your problem right there. "...when reset, the buttons at the top of the Preview Screen change...": that is exactly what "reset" is supposed to do, it resets the 3D preview to its default state. So this is expected behavior. If you do not want the 3D Preview settings to be reset, but you are trying to accomplish something else when you press "reset", then let us know what you're trying to do and maybe there's a better way.

- Oshyan

Lady of the Lake

Again....a poor choice of words on my part.  I meant "change" each button back to what I had it set to before.  I did not mean I pressed the Reset button on the left side of these buttons.

Oshyan

Hm. Are you also aware that the state of those buttons is set and maintained *individually* for each Layout (e.g. when you click the Terrain button up top, the settings will be different by default from if you clicked Atmosphere, *and* if you change them in either place, it will remember those changes *per-layout*). Additionally, these settings are not maintained across sessions, so it will reset if you close and open TG later, or if you open or create a new file.

- Oshyan

Lady of the Lake

This is about setting those buttons to what I want when I start a session and wanting them to stay that way; not just change on their own all the time.  I knew it takes putting those setting back to my preferences after closing out a project.  Not understanding about the Terrain and Atmosphere tabs and those settings, other than if you change one of them it is changed throughout.

I am sure it is something to do with my computer or my human error.  Moving on.  Thanks.