Couple of...

Started by dandelO, September 30, 2013, 03:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

... short texture sequences I was supposed to add ages ago. One from my 'Glyphic' files, the others are just simple test camera tracking over my Moire shaders. The moire shaders are static, only the camera is animated, the colours are just for show, usually the moire effect would be used as a reflectivity function, for anisotropic reflective textures, brushed metals, CD's, etc.

dandelO

dandelO

TheBadger

Cool.

Please apply the one in the first download to a gas giant, and let us have a look!
It has been eaten.

j meyer

8) The Glyphic ani is really promising and inspiring.
Would be cool as starting point for some ancient magic stuff.

dandelO

Thanks.
Michael, I said to you I'd do that ages ago, cheers for reminding me. Just a case of making the horizontals a Perlin instead of a fixed size sine function and messing with the glyph fractals to make them look a bit more gassy. I'll post any updates as and when...

dandelO

You've asked about the gas giant thing before, Michael, what is it that you can't seem to do just using power fractal shaders? By far the easiest way to get the layering of gasses is to use a fractal stack stretched on the X and Z axes, check both colours in the lowermost fractal and only one colour for any that follow. To control how much of a warp you apply to the surface you could use a scaled black/white contour shader with soft edged lines, where the contours soften, less warp would be applied when used as the warp mask.
The same idea would work on actual cloud layers to make the planet body, too.
The way I made this 'glyphic' thing would really be an awful long way for a shortcut, far more complexed than this task needs to be...

dandelO

Please see new thread in the file sharing section; 'Animated Gas Giant'.

TheBadger

Apologies Martin. I meant do a high quality animation and let us see it, not share your work.
But sharing is welcome too ;) ;D :)
It has been eaten.