My first TG2 pictures

Started by ThinkPink, June 21, 2007, 10:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThinkPink

Hi! I'm a new member here in the forum and I started with Terragen four months ago with version 0.9.x. Now, since 8 weeks, I'm trying to understand the philosophy of TG2 ...  (free download version) >:(

After many trials and errors, computer crashes and lots of more frustrating moments here my first TG2 pictures.

Critical comments and hints are welcome

rcallicotte

These are all very nice.  The clouds in the second one look like cotton for one of two reasons -

1.  The picture is too small to appreciate the actual texture of the clouds. [edit - but I like it]
2.  The clouds are not fluffy enough.
[edit - 3.  I do like your textures on this one.]
Great job.  I especially like the quality of the terrain and its textures on the third picture.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

Very nice detail on the last one.  The first would be better if you could find out a way to get rid of the fractal lines.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

dhavalmistry

amazing clouds on first one....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Volker Harun

The first one is very very good.

The second one has three parts that fight against each other in their appearance. Each one is an eyecatcher, but all together is a bit irritating.

The third one ... I don't know ;-)

ProjectX

I love the first and third, but the second is too strongly yellow (especially in the clouds), putting in oshyan's or bigben's fill lights will improve this, and it will remove the rather harsh shadows too. The terrain in the second, along with the POV makes it a potentially superb image. The mountain looks incredibly looming, but in a natural and non-evil way. I'd remove the water, or add more colour to it though.