Rocky desert

Started by mr-miley, June 21, 2007, 10:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr-miley

Another WIP. I was quite pleased with the fake stones and the displacement on the mountains in the background. The terrain is vickybeach4 which I think came from terranuts. If its yours, let me know and I'll credit you. I do know that the foreground fake stones are not the same colouring as the mountains, this was done on purpose. C&C very welcome :)
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

rcallicotte

I love the texture on your mountain.  Not sure about the ground underneath the rocks...it could use a little more texturing, I think. 
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

I agree 100% with Calico on this one.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

dhavalmistry

your rocks look like snow a little....they dont go with the desert idea....

sorry for being negative...
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

ProjectX

1. Change the terrain sand layer to a darker, slightly more orangey yellow, it'll look a bit more like a desert

2. Move the sun across a bit so we can see the rock-face in the background a bit better, but leave enough of an angle so that there are some lovely dramatic shadows on it

3. Calm down the displacement on the fake stones a bit, it's a tad unrealistic.

4. The rocks need a bit of a colour change, try a deep-ish brown, or an orange maybe.

Good luck with your renderings!

Mavcat

Try putting some stones between the foreground stones and the mountain,a big empty spot there,it makes it look unreal :)