Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

Some sound.

By Terrade(Redwolf here) and myself.

http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/30286456/file.html

HotlemonAde & dandelO - 2013.

Cheers! :)

inkydigit

thanks Martin and Ade... I enjoyed that...! Epic proggy feel!
cheers
Jason
:)

matrix2003

Definitely Prog. I like the phase shifty metronome.

All it needs now is a Hammond B-3, some spinning speakers and a large room!  8)
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

inkydigit

oooh and a light show!
and smoke
and lasers
and...

dandelO

Cheers, Jason, Bill. :)
Jason, Ade said he'd sent you some tracks before but nothing really came of it, we've just been working remotely, maybe a pile of us musos could get together for some collab? I know we've got pretty different tastes and styles of music but I know I listen to, and like to make anything, that could make for some cool messed up tracks. The original 'Pastlives' was pretty different to what you hear there, after I got my hands on it. Imagine a gang of us throwing some tracks around, could be fun.
Anyone else, too. I know a few of you here are musicians, Efflux, Matt, Rids, Danny G(you do a bit of mixing, don't you?). Anyone up for some messing around, just for fun?

dandelO

Quote from: inkydigit on October 24, 2013, 04:42:58 PM
oooh and a light show!
and smoke
and lasers
and...
Some mushric majrooms, huh, Inky? :D

matrix2003

-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

dandelO

No need for wheels when you have an internet, Bill. You got some sounds to jam? Maybe some ancestral bagpipes? ;)

j meyer

Hey Martin,do you have any idea which free program to use for collab purposes?
Especially if ones computer has no decent sound card?
And thus no midi.

dandelO

I've used FLStudio for years, it's really great, there is a demo version but I'm not sure what the restrictions are or if it's a timed demo. For editing direct waves I use Wavepad which also has a free version, I've done a good bit of editing with that alone just cutting and splicing. Audacity is completely free and is quite the same program as Wavepad.
I'll have a look and see what I can see for a free studio app...

dandelO

Found Darkwave Studio, looks pretty good and allows you to import any VST/VSTi instrument plugins, there are loads of those around for free, from drum kits to trumpets. It looks like a pretty capable program with loads of features. It's free.

dandelO

And, FLStudio is fully functional in demo mode, the only restriction is strangely, that you can save files but not reopen them again.

j meyer

The first time you mentioned FLstudio (some years ago) I had a look,but didn't
download it.Then some time later I wanted to try it,but they had cut the free
version so much that I lost interest.
Had a look at Audacity,too,tried some audio conversions and stuff.Never tried
multitrack recording though.
Also looked at Krystal,good recording app,but didn't work with these realtek
sound solutions back then.Don't know about the newer realtek thingies.
Still have Krystal somewhere.
Will look at Darkwave Studio.
Do you think Audacity will do the job,if we share music files to add tracks?
Real instruments and electronic/digital ones?

dandelO

For multitracking I imagine Audacity will have pretty minimal functions, like basic merging of separate .wav files into one and the like. There may be more options but I'd definitely go for a dedicated studio application for that. I'd use Audacity mainly for finalising tracks, normalising, EQ, things like that. I have, when I was teaching myself direct wave manipulation, made entire patterns and tracks from existing waves to be used elsewhere but just as an excercise really, the task I set myself was to do a remix edit of a friend's material with no effects or studio programs, using only his wave files, chopping and pasting etc. as one track.
I'm reading mixed reviews about this Darkwave, some say it's great, others not so, never tried it myself so I really couldn't say. Also looked for plugins to allow importing .Flp files that I use but I can't find any.
Tonight I'll uninstall my FLS and put it back in without my license, the packages are all the same for all editions so I'll check out what I can do in default demo mode and see if it would be any good, it says fully functional so, even if actual .flp files can't be shared, exported .wav and .mp3 files could be. That's all we really need, those can easily be imported via audio clip layers, you'd just need to agree on a certain bpm to work on and things could easily be done with whatever patterns and track sequences we shared. I'll go and revert to demo mode and check it out now...

dandelO

There's also an optional extra add-on with the FL installer called Collab that I haven't used yet, the name says it all, it's for exactly the purpose we're talking about.

* It's a registered user only feature actually.