Hero Rocks from NWDA

Started by choronr, October 31, 2013, 01:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

Some time ago, shortly after its release, I ordered FrankB's Stones and Hero Rocks pack. This was in the early days of TG2. The Hero Rocks worked very well being able to change their dominate shape via re-seeding - the Hero Rock is basically a Sphere. After some updates of TG2, I noted that the Hero Rock would no longer take on unique shapes while re-seeding - now, regardless of re-seeding, it always comes up as a Sphere.

I had not used it since except now with TG3. I have again experienced the same issue. Has anyone else with the Stones and Hero Rock pack from NWDA experience this issue? I'm beginning to think that maybe something in the updates is causing this.

kaedorg

do you mean using these files ? :

hero rock v2.tgc
fast fake stone bed v2 1.tgc

if yes, i gonna check

David

choronr

kaedorg

i check that today and give you my results

Dune

It still does. You have to reseed the top right PF (the largest sizes) for a strong visual effect. One thing though; there are some PF's with tiny smallest sizes and they will automatically be increased to 0.01 minimum.

choronr

Quote from: kaedorg on October 31, 2013, 02:59:40 AM
Thank you. I just found 'V2' which seems to work. The original version only gives you a 'sphere'. I had not remembered I had Version 2. Sorry I've put you through any trouble.

Dune

No problem, it was the first time I ever looked at that rock actually. Had to do it one day  ;)

choronr

Quote from: Dune on October 31, 2013, 03:09:14 AM
It still does. You have to reseed the top right PF (the largest sizes) for a strong visual effect. One thing though; there are some PF's with tiny smallest sizes and they will automatically be increased to 0.01 minimum.
Thank you Ulco, I was re-seeding the PF titled 'Dominant shape'(upper left) with no results other than a sphere.. I will try that.

kaedorg

Quote from: choronr on October 31, 2013, 03:10:03 AM
Quote from: kaedorg on October 31, 2013, 02:59:40 AM
Thank you. I just found 'V2' which seems to work. The original version only gives you a 'sphere'. I had not remembered I had Version 2. Sorry I've put you through any trouble.

That's why i mentionned v2 in the file name. Glad to see that it works for you now.

David