some strange glitches, easy solution?

Started by tomatomic, May 06, 2007, 06:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomatomic

ok we have our planet, its almost fully rendered in 2k.

im getting some strange lighting artifacts.. only when above the clouds/atmosphere (from space).

its quite random where it appears, but might be consistent when rendering. ill test more.
i did a slight angle adjustment on the sun light and re-rendered a frame, and the artifact seems to have moved, or not be appearing not at all.
(i do have an animation track on the suns position)

im attaching a jpeg of the artifact.. from 3 different frames. is there a setting or some fix i can do to prevent this?
otherwise i have to manually go in to each frame (where i cant just composite it out) and do that adjustment and re-render, hoping it goes away, then fix it with compositing.

id appreciate the help.

p.s. good news, this crazy quick attempt at including a terragen scene in our opening is becoming a success. i should also mention that kees veenenbos was kind enough to help us by making this planet on a very short schedule. :-)

Oshyan

Are you using GI? We are currently investigating some problems similar to this that occur with GI use and certain settings. If you can afford to substitute a fill light setup at this point that would likely solve things. You can also try switching to Ambient Occlusion in the Enviro Light settings.

- Oshyan

tomatomic

yep, GI is enabled.

its possible i can use your suggestions to composite the sections where the artifacts occur.. the "final" render i have is pretty good, and we are close to delivery, so no full re-renders ;-)

ill give it a shot... thanks

Oshyan

Sounds good. I hope you can share, or at least point out (in the film), the results when completed. :)

- Oshyan