Doh!

Started by Sethren, June 22, 2007, 03:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sethren

Something funny just happened a few minutes ago. I am sitting at my PC right and suddenly a couple of loud booms shake the house. Next door neighbors come out and look around. I go outside and see if any tree branches might have fallen. OK DUH!... The space shuttle was coming in for a landing at Edwards Air Force Base just north of were i live so we heard double sonic booms. I turned the TV on and there the orbiter was coming in for a landing. This was the loudest it has ever been, usually the booms are very faint.

Oh and the windows shook as well, i could visually see them shake a bit.

Will

Nice, it would be fun to go into space.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Harvey Birdman

That's pretty cool.

8)

Sethren

The only excitement i've had today.      ;D

Harvey Birdman

More than mine. Today has been pretty boring, here. Maybe I should go out and start some trouble.

;)  ;D

Harvey Birdman

Sethren:

You'll love this. The tv in my office is on to the NBC channel out of Denver. The local weather is on, and the guy just gave detailed information on how to see the shuttle tonight as it passes over. He had a little graphics presentation and everything. I guess no-one told him it landed hours ago. (And this is what passes for a news program...).

;D ;D

Will

It might have been the ISS but either way you do have to feel a little bad for him he did make a little animation for it and all for not.

Harvey Birdman

No, it was the shuttle he was discussing.

;D

Hey, I don't feel sorry for him. That was the high point of my afternoon! (Like I said, it's been slow.)

;D  ;D

Sethren

Quote from: Harvey Birdman on June 22, 2007, 07:25:04 PM
Sethren:

You'll love this. The tv in my office is on to the NBC channel out of Denver. The local weather is on, and the guy just gave detailed information on how to see the shuttle tonight as it passes over. He had a little graphics presentation and everything. I guess no-one told him it landed hours ago. (And this is what passes for a news program...).

;D ;D

That's going to be so embarrassing.     ;D 

Harvey Birdman

Yeah, it's almost worth watching the next edition of the local news just to see him 'fess up. The Simpsons is coming on, though...

;D

Will

stop deriving joy from his mistakes....instead may I suggest the comic hijinks of Homer Simpson?  :P

rcallicotte

Sethern, how lucky you are!  Thanks for telling us about this.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Will

I saw the last launch of the Columbia, It was amazing, I had the chance to eat lunch with a astronaut too but I was tired and went home.... damn now I feel guilty about that too! whats going on with me.... must enjoy World Funniest Home Videos!!!!! arrrrrrrrrg

Will