Render Help

Started by zionner, June 23, 2007, 06:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zionner

Hey All

I've been trying to produce a render like this: http://www.planetside.co.uk/gallery/v/tg2gallery/66-orbital.jpg.html

for a while, but cant figure out how, ive tryed placing the sun behind Planets, but instead the sun just dissapears and all the light is lost behind the planet

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Zionner

rcallicotte

Increasing the background (under Objects) to a larger size will help this.  Change this number (the radius) from -2e+008 to -2e+009 or -2e+0010 to see what happens.

Or maybe I misunderstood you.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

zionner

What i Mean, Is i cant Seem to get a shadowy...Eclipse Effect like in the screenshot

Will

which one? the one thats in the gallery? that can be made easier by having the second planet close to your first.

regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Will

hold on I'm creating an example of how I do it.

Will

Ok here it is, Hope its helps.

Regards,

Will

zionner

Thanks, Im Trying it out now :D

Oshyan

Make the atmosphere for your 2nd planet (that is covering the sun) *really* big. You need something to catch the light from the sun so you get the halo/corona effect. In this case it's a large atmosphere.

- Oshyan

zionner

Thanks Oshyan, Im still Trying out Diffrent Methods, As I Really want to start getting..Sort of..Epic Renders started now.

zionner

Ok, something weirds happening, whenever i try to render, the Light/Lamp Dosent appear (Visible object is ticked)