Diversity

Started by choronr, November 13, 2013, 01:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

A close up view of the 'Lithops' plants and their detail. The elements used for the image include:

•   Three Lithops models by Dune.
•   Dry Grass patch by Walli available at Silva 3D.
•   Dirt clusters; Ground stuff available at NWDA.
•   Sasha model available at Artec 3D models.
•   Larger rocks; dandelO's file available at Planetside forum.
•   Cracks; dandelO's file available at Planetside forum.
•   Sand/stones; Seth/choronr.

Enjoy.

yossam

Nice render..................... :)

choronr

Dune

I like it! But maybe it's a bit on the dark side for a desert image? Lots of (reflected) light there I'd say.

Lady of the Lake

I like it a lot.  Maybe it is near sundown.  :-)

choronr

Quote from: Dune on November 13, 2013, 02:41:58 PM
I like it! But maybe it's a bit on the dark side for a desert image? Lots of (reflected) light there I'd say.
Thank you Ulco; yes, the sun elevation is low - that is what I was looking for. We do have a fair amount of reflected light here in the desert; but, after the sun has fully set, darkness creeps in fast especially when you are away from the city lights. Once in the high desert in Utah, out in the middle of nowhere, you could hardly see your hand in front of your face. 

choronr

Quote from: Lady of the Lake on November 13, 2013, 04:57:16 PM
I like it a lot.  Maybe it is near sundown.  :-)
Thank you Lyla, yes, I've had an autumn sunset in mind when choosing the sun elevation.

TheBadger

This is a very nice shot Bob. love the the side of the shoes. The toes are a little strange though, but I know thats the model not you or TG.
Yeah, I like this image a good bit.

You should do a series like this... Where someone is standing over strange and off-putting things.
Dog s%^t.
dead cat... Stupid cats!
bones.
A wad of cash; blood stained?
Ants having a war.
a glowing thing that fell from space.
Whatever.
It has been eaten.

choronr

Quote from: TheBadger on November 13, 2013, 06:27:42 PM
This is a very nice shot Bob. love the the side of the shoes. The toes are a little strange though, but I know thats the model not you or TG.
Yeah, I like this image a good bit.

You should do a series like this... Where someone is standing over strange and off-putting things.
Dog s%^t.
dead cat... Stupid cats!
bones.
A wad of cash; blood stained?
Ants having a war.
a glowing thing that fell from space.
Whatever.
Thanks Michael,

Those are my custom made shoes; I have two toes in front; and, one in the back growing out of my heel.

Good idea using the shoes, many possibilities here. However, a series like this is usually too predictable.

Oshyan

Very nice, the ground looks excellent. The shoes just need a higher resolution texture...

- Oshyan