Tutorials from Geekatplay

Started by geekatplay, November 13, 2013, 11:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

geekatplay

geekatplay

More tutorials out : http://www.geekatplay.com/terragen-tutorials.php  also watch at youtube GeekaptlayStudio channel

TheBadger

Thank you lots for the heads up. I check periodically, so nice to know for sure. :) 8)
It has been eaten.

reck

Hello Mr Geek,

Do you plan to do some Terragen 4 tutorials in a few months when it's released?

Thank you for doing these and keeping us up to date with your work.

geekatplay

i am working on them now, here so far subjects:
All about clouds,
Terragen to VR and Unity
New features in Terragen 4 (RTP...etc)
Lens effects
Image based distribution and more.
Any suggestions?

zaxxon

Great news! I'll be looking forward to the release of the new material. Is there any chance of a Terragen to Unreal tutorial as well?  :)

archonforest

Quote from: geekatplay on October 17, 2016, 08:55:36 PM
Any suggestions?
I would like to see and buy a thorough explanation about how to build real looking PF rocks, mountains.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Kirtap72

That´s good news! Please explain as much as you can and not just about the new features. I'm really struggling to learn this wonderful software and there is almost no tutorial out there that isn't really old. My biggest problem is how to make nature like trees and grass look real, how to texture a mountain (for example how do the "image map shader" work), and how to texture an object correctly when I bring in Obj-files.

Oshyan

The existing GeekAtPlay tutorials for Terragen 3 are still a great resource. Aside from the list of major new features in Terragen 4 (shown here: http://planetside.co.uk/whats-new-in-terragen-4/ ), it is still largely the same as Terragen 3 as far as how you work with it. So the existing info is often very applicable.

- Oshyan

DannyG

I think these new v4 tutorial series should focus on way more advanced functionality than the 1st series to avoid being just redundant. The first series are v3 tutorials they are defiantly applicable in v4. A quick run through of the RTP is all that is needed IMO. I would certainly move forward into v3 clouds with a complete analysis of all parameters as well as addressing render times in each parameter. That's the main update in v4 that's what created all the buzz so that should certainly be covered extensively as well as the new Ozone feature. Mesh displacement and general object displacement, adding strata and misc vector displacements to terrains and objects etc. Compute normal/Compute Terrain should be explained, we often see shared files with excessive Compute nodes which are not necessary and do nothing but crank your rendertimes up. Camera - DOF function and new lens effects should be reviewed. I have more ideas from all the posts here as well as questions I get at NWDA which I address on a case by case bias, but these are things that should be out there for the public to view. danny@nwdastore.com

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Oshyan

Good ideas and feedback Danny, for sure! We still need interested presenters, that's the main holdup on having anything like this happen. I have asked a couple of people but folks seem shy. ;)

- Oshyan

DannyG

Quote from: Oshyan on October 25, 2016, 03:13:52 PM
Good ideas and feedback Danny, for sure! We still need interested presenters, that's the main holdup on having anything like this happen. I have asked a couple of people but folks seem shy. ;)

- Oshyan

That's the catch, finding someone who is technically proficient with good presentation skills. When I was with 3DAD that was always a challenge with any software. You could find one or the other. It was very hard to find someone with both attributes
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

geekatplay

geekatplay

New tutorials unlocked, free to watch at www.geekatplay.com and youtube channel [moderator: fixed link]