Containing Effects

Started by Will, June 23, 2007, 09:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

Hey guys, I'm working on my next project and just beginning to fiddle around with the function nodes to get a molten effect to stay only where there no light and I've got it working pretty well but TG crashes if I use the renders tabs and if I open it up in the node view its works fine till I try to render at which point I get a error saying "trImage: unable to allocate pixolmap: size  19420560 bytes" followed by trRender InitBucket(): unable to initialize render buffer at which point TG just cancels the render. Any idea on whats going on?

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Buzzzzz

Quote from: Will on June 23, 2007, 09:30:01 PM
Hey guys, I'm working on my next project and just beginning to fiddle around with the function nodes to get a molten effect to stay only where there no light and I've got it working pretty well but TG crashes if I use the renders tabs and if I open it up in the node view its works fine till I try to render at which point I get a error saying "trImage: unable to allocate pixolmap: size  19420560 bytes" followed by trRender InitBucket(): unable to initialize render buffer at which point TG just cancels the render. Any idea on whats going on?

Regards,

Will

Hi Will,

These 2 links may shed some light on your problem.

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=1658.0

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=1674.0

Good Luck!

rcallicotte

I've seen so many of these sort of errors that I can't always differentiate.  Let us know if nothing helps and maybe we can gang up on it.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Will

Brief update: I've been messing around and figured out it may have something to do with the atmosphere, although its just the default one. I really want to find a work around for this because it seems a lot of people have gotten it. Oh and I think my render would look cool here the preview shot.

regards,

Will

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

Normally that indicates a problem in allocating memory for an image map, either one you are loading, or the buffer for the render itself. How much memory do you have? Are you using any image maps? What is your render resolution? Is crop rendering enabled?

- Oshyan

Will

No crops, the resolution was 400x240, no image maps, I have 1gig of ram, no that much but I would think it would be enough for this.

thanks,

Will

Oshyan

For some reason your scene setup, while seemingly simple, causes memory usage to skyrocket when attempting to render, regardless of the target resolution. I think it may have something to do with your odd Merge shader setup which doesn't quite describe a network loop, but has similarities that may be causing some kind of recursion problem. I would suggest you try making a copy of your Planet Surface Shader or using some other approach and see if that helps, but I can say with fair certainty that it is a problem in your network setup and not necessarily a bug per se.

- Oshyan

Will

Ok, honestly I know nothing about functions so I'll try that. Thanks Oshyan.

regards,

Will