[TG3] Missing polys in OBJ

Started by TheBlackHole, November 17, 2013, 10:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackHole

I have a mesh I made in Anim8or, but when I load it in TG3 it seems to be missing some polys. It's not a problem with the file; Blender can open it without any problems. I've attached a render alongside a screenshot from Anim8or, and the model with some textures if anyone wants to see it.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

jo

Hi,

I tried it in TG3 and had problems as well. I opened it in Blender and messed about with it a bit (Recalculated normals, flipped normals) and exported as an OBJ with normals and the triangulate faces option switched on. I'm not sure what did the trick exactly, but that seems to have worked so it looks as expected in TG3. The usual advice with problematic OBJs seems to be to run it through PoseRay. If you search the forum it might turn up some advice about that, I haven't used it myself.

At a guess the problem was either down to normals or polys with more than 4 sides.

Regards,

Jo

Dune

TheBlackHole

Quote from: jo on November 17, 2013, 11:17:01 PM
I opened it in Blender and messed about with it a bit (Recalculated normals, flipped normals) and exported as an OBJ with normals and the triangulate faces option switched on.
Thanks, that seems to have worked.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?