Baking ...

Started by helentr, June 24, 2007, 08:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

helentr

It is so hot right now in Athens that you can't touch the window. And I thought 30 (86 F) was hot!
(45 C is 113 F for those on the other side of Atlantic) We're having a heat wave, maybe coming from Africa.

Helen

Will

Its going to be in the 90s the rest of the week here in New Hampshire (USA) but with that type of heat I would shut down the computer so it doesn't over heat.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Buzzzzz

Quote from: Will on June 24, 2007, 08:36:07 AM
Its going to be in the 90s the rest of the week here in New Hampshire (USA) but with that type of heat I would shut down the computer so it doesn't over heat.

Regards,

Will

Shut down?   :o   Just remove the side panel and place a fan blowing into it. Shut Down your Computer? I would go into DT's  ;D

Harvey Birdman

Hey, Will -

You're in New Hamster? I used to work in Nashua.

I spent a lot of time climbing while I lived there. I did over 20 peaks in the White Mountains as winter solos. I was the first (probably not the only, by now) to do a solo traverse of the Northern Presidentials in February. It was sub-zero with an 80 mile an hour wind, gusting to 100+, the day I topped out on Washington.

Bike racing at Sunnapee, climbing the Presidentials - yeah, New Hamster was fun.

;D

helentr

Quote from: Buzzzzz on June 24, 2007, 01:18:17 PM
Quote from: Will on June 24, 2007, 08:36:07 AM

Regards,

Will

Shut down?   :o   Just remove the side panel and place a fan blowing into it. Shut Down your Computer? I would go into DT's  ;D

Now that's a good idea. I wouldn't shut down my computer too - only reboot every week or two, unless there is a power failure, longer than 10 minutes (my UPS limit). A technician friend once told me that the change of temperature and the hard disk thrashing (if that's the word) on shutting down and reopening does more harm, especially for the HD.

Helen

Will

Well since I'm not the one pay electric bill I am often ordered to turn of my PC so I guess this is all my personal bias then :P

Sethren

I am the west end of the house so the sun hits the wall creating radiant heat in my area where the PC is. I have been thinking about getting a water cooled unit. I have to price some of them to see what i can afford so honestly i have not been doing hardly squat on my PC for the last month.    :(

Will

I wonder if water-cooling units are really worth it though.

Sethren

They are, i know a few people who have them. It's more efficient then any fan. I mean you could get a very high RPM Fan but it would be so noisy that i know i would get annoyed after a short time.

Will

or you could put it in a refrigerator...just a thought  ;D

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Will

Sethren

That is too COLD...    ;D