Temp Files in TG3

Started by Mohawk20, December 04, 2013, 04:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mohawk20

Now that I'm playing with TG3 I come across all sorts of questions.
Like this one: why are the finished renders not automatically saved in the temp folder any more? I retargeted the default folders to a new one in Settings, but still nothing.
Can anyone help me?
Howgh!

jo

Hi,

The reason it doesn't happen automatically was that a lot of people probably didn't realise it was happening and so it was needlessly using disk space. I recall a few people mentioning it had got very large without them knowing it was happening.

To make it happen again you need to go to the Rendering prefs panel and check "Automatically save all renders".

As you've already found you can also use the Customise Default Paths settings in the File Saving prefs panel to make the renders save in a more convenient location. You change the "Automatic render output" item for that. I'm just mentioning that in case someone else comes across this :-).

Regards,

Jo

otakar

Yeah, I just got caught in that. Machine rebooted after render (many hours) had finished due to Windows Update and to my dismay I could not find the rendered image. Thanks Jo!

Upon Infinity

Quote from: otakar on December 04, 2013, 02:20:30 PM
Yeah, I just got caught in that. Machine rebooted after render (many hours) had finished due to Windows Update and to my dismay I could not find the rendered image. Thanks Jo!

What you want to do is configure your update settings to ask you to install new updates and when to restart.  These are available in the update settings.  This got me a few times, too.

jo

Hi,

I'll also look into what we need to do to prevent reboot/shutdown if there are unsaved changes.

Regards,

Jo