Quay

Started by yossam, December 03, 2013, 04:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

I'm a scab....................... ;D

TheBadger

Its a great set up Yossam, really nice arrangement and sentiment. Just the models do not have the quality. The textures are one thing, but the detail really needs to be in the geometry, I feel.
Would make for a beauty of a game environment though! Animated story too.
Its a nice one.
It has been eaten.

buzzzzz1

Like the last one best. I have used these models and think they are really nice.  I created a similar scene in Vue  http://www.rendus3d.com/showphoto.php?photo=158 and someone tipped me off that the ship was way to small, and they were right. Imagine yourself standing in one of the buildings and then imagine standing in one of the lower levels of the ship. See what I mean?  I would suggest increasing the ship size by 3 or 4 times.

Cheers
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

choronr

Now I remember why your image looked familiar Rich, it was Jay's image that I had back in my feeble mind.

TheBadger

Thats a nice render, Buzzz.
To be clear, I meant that I feel like details should be geometry rather than displaced textures. Not that the models were badly made. I probably should not have used the word "quality", thats not a good word for what I meant.

The ship being larger does help a lot over all.
It has been eaten.

yossam

When I get thru rendering your dragon and bone piles, I'm gonna change the POV on my scene to see if I can improve the lighting. The models are the same.............it's the lighting that is causing the difference in the renders.  ::)

DannyG

Great light in this. models are very well laid out
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

yossam

Changed POV.............got rid of the fog..............changed the lighting.

choronr

The best so far; looking good!

buzzzzz1

The new lighting makes all the difference in the scene, very nice.
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Kadri

Yossam that last one looks nice.

Can you give us more detailed information what you changed?
Would be very good especially for new users if you haven't changed the objects they look so much better now.

Buzzzzz1 i like your image.

yossam

Kadri.................the biggest thing was getting rid of the fog. The lighting was basically behind the camera for the first images (which I never do). The last image has 2 suns, one to light the atmosphere another to light the surfaces. Both are located about 90 degrees to the left of camera, same position. Anything else that you would like to know............... :)

pclavett

Nice work....where did you get the objects ???
Paul